1955 Mercury Montclair - $3,700 (New Castle, DE)

Found this in the Craigslist “auto parts” category. Looks like it could be a cool project although hard to tell from the limited pics.

https://easternshore.craigslist.org/pts/d/wilmington-1955-mercury-montclair/7724264127.html

Two door hardtop, has a 312 with auto trans, both rebuilt with zero miles. very sold body and frame{originally from Arizona}, all good glass, no missing trim that I'm aware of. Interior is currently removed. Has been sitting many years, needs restoration. Sold AS- IS with a Bill of Sale. Cash Only!! Trades nay be considered.

image.jpeg.d7dc8cfe71cc7143c261a9aed4ae927f.jpegimage.jpeg.c5c3a8372e1636fb248855bd09353dc9.jpegimage.jpeg.8f4efd1aa3a1b32b407074805a2584c8.jpeg

• Like 1

Ah man I like this one but the seller let car dilapidate.  This would be a cool fifties car. 

34 minutes ago, deac said:

Ah man I like this one but the seller let car dilapidate.  This would be a cool fifties car. 

Put the interior back in (replace or recover what’s needed) and drive it just as it sits. Call it “Under restored”. A refreshing change from over restored, LS, low rider, hopper, over accessorized crap nowadays.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

Put the interior back in (replace or recover what’s needed) and drive it just as it sits. Call it “Under restored”. A refreshing change from over restored, LS, low rider, hopper, over accessorized crap nowadays.

Agreed! I suspect it would look a lot better with a good cleaning. I’d probably redo the seat foam and upholstery so it’s comfortable and clean inside. Low budget fun

The 312 is not correct for a 1955 (should be a 292), but who cares? They look the same on the outside. It is also nice to see floors that are rust free (thank you Arizona). Even the chrome looks presentable. Looks like a great starter car for a handyman looking to get into the hobby at reasonable price.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 2

I'd wonder how long ago the drivetrain was rebuilt, and if there are receipts for parts and machine work.

License plate has a 2024 tab? Does it run and drive?

Cool car, just needs plenty of TLC to once again be the stunner it was in 1955.

Someone who wants one of these Mercurys better jump on this one, you'll find almost none in this condition that spent their existence here in the Northeast, for a price like this.