For Sale: 1929 Hudson Super Six 4dr Sedan - Project - $11,500 - Chester, SC - Not Mine - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $10,000: 5-11-2024.

For Sale: 1929 Hudson Super Six 4dr Sedan - Project - $11,500 - Chester, SC - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $10,000: 5-11-2024. See New Link Below.

1929 Hudson for sale by owner - Chester, SC - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Original 1929 Hudson Super Six sedan. Absolutely no rust!! I purchased from the original owner. It has been inside since 1955, This is a second-generation series. Currently not running. Head is off. Valve job completed just needs reassembly.  Will consider trades.
Copy and paste in your email: ac510bf6e22537c7b335dc658309e53a@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1929 Hudson Super Six 4dr Sedan - Project.

'29 Hudson Sedan Super Six SC a.jpg

'29 Hudson Sedan Super Six SC b.jpg

'29 Hudson Sedan Super Six SC c.jpg

'29 Hudson Sedan Super Six SC d.jpg

'29 Hudson Sedan Super Six SC e.jpg

'29 Hudson Sedan Super Six SC f.jpg

'29 Hudson Sedan Super Six SC g.jpg

'29 Hudson Sedan Super Six SC h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $10,000: 5-11-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Some of the most beautiful interior metal work, and an interesting and powerful engine! I wouldn't want to try to put something together I hadn't taken apart unless I was VERY familiar with the particulars. I don't know about the price in this condition, but is sure should go to a good home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulrhd29nz said:

This a seldom seen Briggs bodied 29 sedan. All wood framed. Hudson bodies were all steal. 
note the rosé pattern instead of the pine cone. 

Did Hudson offer both body options?  Sounds like a potential minus to me (much wood in the body).  How can the different bodies be visually ID'd?   Neat car but a lot of unknowns.   Not a fan of the single sidemount and that billboard cover would be the first thing to go.   Beautiful interior design on the hardware.

1 hour ago, paulrhd29nz said:

note the rosé pattern instead of the pine cone. 

Those pine cones are the best!  
I don’t think anyone else used that motif. 

• Like 1

Interesting!  I think the Briggs body is nicer looking overall, including the roof treatment.   But the rear hinged front doors on the Hudson body are a big plus.  Looks like the doors on the Hudson body are longer as well for easier entry.

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1929 Hudson Super Six 4dr Sedan - Project - $11,500 - Chester, SC - Not Mine - Still Available, Same Price $11,500: 5-10-2024.
  • 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1929 Hudson Super Six 4dr Sedan - Project - $11,500 - Chester, SC - Not Mine - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $10,000: 5-11-2024.