61 Ranchero - $8,500 (deer Park Wa.)

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/deer-park-61-ranchero/7722169374.html

'61 Ranchero. All new front end, new A-arms, new 200 Straight that's quite sporty, new wheels and tires. It needs a new heater switch (only low works) and the wipers are somewhat intermittent. Priced appropriately. Great condition vehicle with great gas mileage overall, gets tons of compliments.     (509) 869-2079

00202_9dHOo0eldpy_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00j0j_kfW2HzS7dvT_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_aQbae0AfK3h_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

One thing that bothers me, is when someone paints the bumpers on their cars. Weak selling point IMO. I really like all of the Rancheros, this would be the most affordable of all of them. GLWTS

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, kingrudy said:

One thing that bothers me, is when someone paints the bumpers on their cars. Weak selling point IMO. I really like all of the Rancheros, this would be the most affordable of all of them. GLWTS

Agreed, unless it's a base model pickup that came that way.

• Like 2

👎👎👎 on painted bumpers on vehicles that didn't come with them. Tells me someone was too cheap to have his bumpers plated.

Besides, that look went out of style about the same time pro-street did.

I think these still had vacuum wipers. Someone unfamiliar with them would probably think they were "somewhat intermittent".

Hm. Guess there's a market for four-lug Mustang II/Pinto styled wheels after all!

• Like 3

The painted bumpers look cheesy and dated. I seriously doubt they came that way from the factory, and if they did, they'd be white. 

I had a '65 Ranchero with the 200 six and stick, and considering car's light weight, it's a "sporty" setup.

• Like 2

The guy who fixed up this Ranchero wasn’t targeting the antique car crowd., IMHO. I don’t ever remember seeing one with painted bumpers when they were new. Still, it is a pretty reasonable price for someone looking to get into the hobby. It even has the benefit of being able to pick up your mulch from Home Depot in the bargain.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 2

Looking closer, a lot of the diecast trim appears to have been painted white to match the cove.

I like Rancheros (and ElCaminos and Subaru Brats and Dodge Rampages) but all that painted brightwork would drive me nuts. But as Lew points out, not only could the right person have a lot of fun with this trucklet but could also find it useful to tote stuff. That person ain't me!😁

• Like 2