1924 Paige 6-70 Touring Sedan- - $25,000

I believe this is the same car advertised in October for $50K so they are moving the right direction...

(more pics in ad) 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/citrus-heights-1924-paige-70-touring/7722399416.html

Looking For A New Caretaker. For sale 1924 Paige model 6–70 touring sedan body by Griswold. Discovery piece of automotive history with his vintage 1924 Paige model 6–70 touring sedan, boasting a powerful six cylinder, 70 hp engine. Experience the elegance of a bygone era with its iconic four suicide doors and distinctive dual spare tires. This is classic has been impeccably preserved, having been stored indoors for 40 years. Remarkably, the Paige ran smoothly before being carefully put into storage, a testament to its enduring quality. Once a price possession in Bill Harrah’s renown collection, this vintage beauty comes with a current California title for added peace of mind. Own a piece of automotive history for $25,000. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to relive the charm of the roaring 20s. Contact me now to schedule a viewing and let the journey back in time begin!  email:    637ae737849f3ca6ba0e3c3ac30fa415@sale.craigslist.org

1924 Paige 6-70 Touring Sedan---Looking For A New Caretaker 101616_2tyStrDdish_12w0Mo_600x450.jpg00M0M_3tOaXBOr5ef_12w0Mo_600x450.jpg00x0x_aqvFM36c4hK_12w0Mo_600x450.jpg00i0i_luBmFRBvXRS_12w0Mo_600x450.jpg00Y0Y_5TZ34fzWLl8_12w0Mo_600x450.jpg00101_b5XHg3C7lGr_12w0Mo_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

See my comments on the recent previous "not mine" thread on this car.  Some bad news with engine photos:

* Water pump shaft apparently has NOT been cut/modified.  That is a 30" long shaft captive in the water pump.  The shaft includes a spiral gear in the crankcase just ahead of the water pump which drives the distributor and the external oil pump.  To remove the water pump for service, one must remove hood, headlights and bar, radiator and shell, fan pulley, timing cover, one timing gear driving that shaft (no chain), distributor, oil pump, and generator.  Only then can one remove the pump and long shaft by moving toward the firewall.  Ask me how I know!  There's only about 1.5" clearance to access front packing.  The Best Practice is to make a new shaft for water pump, cut down the old one with integral gear, and make a connection (I used recess in cut-down original shaft + tapered pin).

* Rust stains from not only the two welsh plugs but also the head gaskets.

* Carburetor is wrong for judging but arguably better than OEM Rayfield.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cjmarzoli said:

Cut the price in half again, and they'd be in the ballpark.   A powder blue velour interior with  green and black paint?  What were they thinking?

Damn! If I’d only known about this car years ago, I had a pair of suede platform shoes that would’ve matched this car’s interior perfectly. 

• Haha 1

I did post this in the Graham/Paige section about a week ago when I saw the price cut in half. If anyone is interested there are some comments over in that thread that may be helpful. 

I like the lines of the car.  It would look great at a “friends” garage. 

• Like 3

I like this car. I would own it. However, as George T mentions, it's going to need work. The colors are good, but the interior would need to go. Also, the tires are undersized. When it go down to $8500, I would go look at it. There's plenty of other cars out there to choose from.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 28StutzCabriolet said:

I like this car. I would own it. However, as George T mentions, it's going to need work. The colors are good, but the interior would need to go. Also, the tires are undersized. When it go down to $8500, I would go look at it. There's plenty of other cars out there to choose from.

Just my thoughts.

Hope you can get it!  While you have the front of the engine opened up for the water pump work, be sure to replace the pressed-silk-and-resin camshaft gear with an aluminum one (you'll have to have it made) because it's at the far end of its life irrespective of mileage.

There may be still available a similar but fully restored (1923?) Paige Big Six sedan or limo in OH that seems to be from an estate.  Was first mentioned here years ago at $135K (probably resto costs) but was last seen without the "1" --meaning $35k.  If I were 10 years younger, I'd be tempted.

• Like 2