Good stuff is still out there. NOS Motometer!

Stopped in an antique mall on our way up to Chantilly for the AACA Convention.  This was in a showcase for $75.  Made my day!

20240214_164931.jpg

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 18

23 hours ago, TerryB said:

If I find that stuff it would have a 1 in front of that 75 number.

Me too! But no complaints from me , I was very fortunate at Hershey last October to see a collection of figural motor meters along with a few mascots come my way to look at and be available for purchase. A friend is clearing out slowly the collections of a hoarder who we both knew 400 miles from where I reside. All of what I bought I had never known existed and was amassed in the 1940s to early 1960s. it has taken months since then to get all of them cleaned by soaking in Simple Green. the die cast ( zinc) figural motor meters are all free of age cracking. This is the most I have ever bought at Hershey in all the decades I have attended. Do any of them fit any cars I own - NO. All became " useless presents " from me to me for Christmas .

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Interesting that some of the best stuff recently acquired just kinda lands in our lap.  It's sometimes the result of older collections being broken up by friends and families we have known a long time.  It's being enjoyed once again and as has always been said - we're the next caretakers.

Terry

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TerryB said:

I have sloooowly sending or selling my stuff to new caretakers. I have to admit it’s not always something I want to do.

Yes, me too.  I have had a great collection of Pierce-Arrow memorabilia, slowly selling as you state.  New caretakers, yep.  I find that once an aquired thing is gone, there’s more relief than grief, as otherwise a family member knowing little would be glad to get anything inhand, while I know it’s going to someone who appreciates.  No, I’m not dying, but mortality speaks to me.

• Like 6

The great thing about these forums is the ability to get items into the hands of fellow collectors.  I've been able to add some nice things to my collection(s) also and a grateful of the opportunity.  When it's time to sell things, I think this is by far the best place to post them.

Happy collecting!

Terry

• Like 3

On 2/20/2024 at 5:19 PM, trimacar said:

Yes, me too.  I have had a great collection of Pierce-Arrow memorabilia, slowly selling as you state.  New caretakers, yep.  I find that once an aquired thing is gone, there’s more relief than grief, as otherwise a family member knowing little would be glad to get anything inhand, while I know it’s going to someone who appreciates.  No, I’m not dying, but mortality speaks to me.

I am heading down the same road....