1972 Lincoln Mark IV $7,995

Marketplace - 1972 Lincoln Lincoln Continental Mark VII · LSC Sedan 2D | Facebook

Driven 80,371 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Green
Fuel type: Gasoline
This vehicle is paid off
Clean title

This vehicle has no significant damage or problems.

Seller's Description

1972 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL MARK IV WITH LEATHER INTERIOR, POWER LOCKS AND WINDOWS, AM/FM, CRUISE, FRESH DETAIL AND READY TO GO!

Product photo of 1972 Lincoln Lincoln Continental Mark VII · LSC Sedan 2D

• Like 2

Thankfully, there has been - at least for me - some market correction on these big 1970's Lincolns, which is a favorite of mine.  I am not sure if it is still for sale by another (kind of shady) used car dealer here in Des Moines, Iowa but there was a silver 1976 Mark IV and they had it for sale for at least 3 years at $15,000 or so.  

It may also be one of the better running 70s cars since it is from early in the decade. The mid to late 70s was just a bad time for car design with DOT mandated bumpers and extra pollution equipment added to the cars.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

Cool looking car aka the green machine!.  I few things;  the stance of the car is off which begs the question is there an issue with the springs?  The A/C does not work because the belt is off the compressor,  I know this is picky but the stereo is an eyesore, the seller didn't even try to get one that match the rest of the dash motif (missing knob doesn't help) Otherwise I agree the 57 birdman about the lack of pollution control devices which makes working on the engines easier.  I actually like this more than the 77 Lincoln and the 79 Oldsmobile listed in this topic.

I've owned several of these over the years, as well as Town Cars and Town Coupes, and the Mark IV is by far the best riding of the three. They're thirsty cars so the wallet gets a workout but who cares when you're rolling down the road.

The only downside is the pot metal gearshift mechanism that's no match for the car's weight when parked downhill. Don't ask me how I found that out...