1947 Chrysler Windsor 4 door suicide doors $6,300

16 minutes ago, Fossil said:

Product photo of 1947 Chrysler Windsor 4 door suicide doors
Do you suppose that's a trailer hitch ball sticking from the rear bumper?

Yeesh.... I wouldn't tow anything off that. 🙂   looks like a neat car overall.

It's unclear to me who asked the question, but it has "Fluid Drive" for sure -- standard equipment on the Windsor.  Also written on the horn button and on the brake light housing.  (It's there, Jeff, it just doesn't show up because of poor photo resolution.)

Having owned one, I can say that these are wonderful, comfortable and dependable cars that will run forever, but this one looks a bit rough to me for $6.3K.

Edited by neil morse (see edit history)
  • Like 2

My great uncle bought a similar Chrysler new in '47. The best and most interesting thing about it was the floppy window winder handles.

I don't remember how many times I was told to quit playing with them and to "sit still and behave".

• Haha 1

I am no Mopar afficionado but these late 40's Chryslers are pretty neat looking!  However the pictures on this leave a lot to be desired!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 7th Son said:

My great uncle bought a similar Chrysler new in '47. The best and most interesting thing about it was the floppy window winder handles.

I don't remember how many times I was told to quit playing with them and to "sit still and behave".

That's a great reminiscence!  Those "floppy" handles were very stylish, but they did not hold up well over time.  The floppy part of the crank that folded flat was held in place by a lucite insert, and over time the plastic tended to become very brittle and break.  Fortunately, someone started making reproductions so that the handles could be restored.

Thanks @neil morse, I totally missed the steering wheel inscription. I didn’t realize FD was standard on the ‘47 Windsor. I looked at a ‘53 Windsor for sale locally two years ago….it was a 3 spd. manual w/ OD.

@Fossil I can’t figure out what that protrusion is on the rear bumper either.

Edited by Jeff Perkins / Mn (see edit history)
  • Like 1