ID 1920's touring car

J.H.Boland

5 hours ago, CHuDWah said:

It looks to be "accessorized" and prepared for cold weather - that hood cover is interesting.  Bet it was fun climbing over the luggage rack. :lol:

Many city's required you to exit the (USA) passenger/curb side anyway, so no big deal getting in on that side. :) 

• Like 1

Up here in the frozen north, my McLaughlin had a similar set of winter covers. I still have the rad cover. The hood cover is gone but I remember it being around when I was a kid.  It obviously worked as my father never froze the block in the car and it never had anti-freeze

20211209_151305.jpg

Edited by Oldtech (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2024 at 10:35 PM, Mark Gregush said:

Many city's required you to exit the (USA) passenger/curb side anyway, so no big deal getting in on that side. :) 

Yeah, I know.  Many prewar cars didn't have an outside lock on the driver door, so you had to lock it from the inside, exit the passenger side and lock that door.  For that matter, some cars didn't even have a driver door, e.g., early Model T open cars.

OTOH, the driver is posed on the street side in the OP pic. 🤷‍♂️

"OTOH, the driver is posed on the street side in the OP pic." LOL Ya but they wouldn't have been able to get that nice side view from the sidewalk side and wouldn't have had much light! :) 

Edited by Mark Gregush (see edit history)