For Sale: 1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4dr Sedan, automatic - Project - $4,500 - Pinole, CA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4dr Sedan, automatic - Project - $4,500 - Pinole, CA

1950 KAISER DELUXE for sale by owner - Pinole, CA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Solid old car. Very original 2 owners. Sunvisor and side shades. Many new parts, new tires, battery, fuel pump.
Copy and paste in your email: 11c2eadeae27394383e62dd4a70dc71c@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4dr Sedan, automatic - Project.

'51 Kaiser Deluxe CA a.jpg

'51 Kaiser Deluxe CA b.jpg

'51 Kaiser Deluxe CA c.jpg

'51 Kaiser Deluxe CA d.jpg

'51 Kaiser Deluxe CA e.jpg

'51 Kaiser Deluxe CA f.jpg

I've noticed a lot of the Kaisers that pop up are in the Bay Area. I wonder if many were purchased by employees of Henry J. Kaiser's other business:

Kaiser Steel, Kaiser Cement (pink trucks!) and Kaiser Aluminum were all post war ventures in this area. I think only Kaiser Aerospace still survives. 

32 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

I've noticed a lot of the Kaisers that pop up are in the Bay Area. I wonder if many were purchased by employees of Henry J. Kaiser's other business:

Kaiser Steel, Kaiser Cement (pink trucks!) and Kaiser Aluminum were all post war ventures in this area. I think only Kaiser Aerospace still survives. 

It's a very good likelihood that Kaiser's other operations offered employee discounts on Kaisers and Frazers bought from their local dealerships.   And there were those times when over-optimistic production runs resulted in holding lots overloaded with unsold leftover cars which had to be moved somehow.  Kaiser had a major problem with this a few times in the years they operated.  And, not surprisingly, so did Packard...

22 hours ago, TerryB said:

These cars seem to be a tough one to sell. I wonder how long it will last on Craigslist.

I would go look at that for that price. A shame it's on the Left Coast. 

Overall, not a bad looking car that would benefit from some paint cleanup. The hood lip rust is typical of the 51-53 Kaisers compliments of the design that trapped moisture in unpainted areas. What I can see of the front seat appears to have been reupholstered - all cloth or a cloth and vinyl combo would have been original equipment.

The exterior windshield and door visors are nice factory authorized accessory add-ons that are getting harder to find. The dented and missing door stainless is much easier to locate, as would be a straighter front bumper.

KF offered discounts to employees and those working at the factory could take delivery either thru a local dealer or at Willow Cottage, a building constructed to look like a home where buyers (factory employee or general public) could relax and enjoy refreshments before taking delivery. The cottage was moved years later and has since been razed.

I'd say the asking price is in the ballpark.

• Thanks 1