Really great short Thomas video

Thanks to Ruben Verdes at the Society of Automotive Historians for putting this out. We all love cars, but it's the people and their stories that are the real treasures! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for reposting this. It is a remarkable story. I know I've asked before and been told but what is the box on the dash with the contraption turning inside?

24 minutes ago, AHa said:

Thanks for reposting this. It is a remarkable story. I know I've asked before and been told but what is the box on the dash with the contraption turning inside?

Flux Capacitor? :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AHa said:

For real it is the Connecticut brand timer / distributor.

So I probably asked this before and was told also, but how is this timer/distributor driven? I would think it would have to be shaft driven off the motor. Just how many miles was this car driven, and through how many types of terrain, and I can't remember any complaints about the timer. It is just that it is remarkable that the timer was mounted to the dash of the car with the car flexing every which away and the timer never missing a beat or failing. It doesn't even seem to be good engineering practice to place the timer so far from the motor and mounted to a completely different surface, yet it worked and worked brilliantly.