1 & 2 cylinder tours

blauvelt

Probably a bit late, but as a kid I remember going on 1 & 2 cylinder tours. Been looking around and haven't found much, are there any extant groups or tours in the Southwest/West part of the US? I checked the HCCA group listings and see that Western Regional Gaslight is active? Feel that I may have jumped first on this one. Work will probably be taking me back to Houston in a few years and I look forward to the New London to New Brighton tour. Thanks!

Yes, they are out there, and you may be early -not late. 

1 & 2 tours do vary by area and from year to year. There are sometimes a national 1 & 2 (se the Gazette and HCCA web site), and often regional 1 & 2's. Tours for 2024 calendar are not all published yet, and regional tours may only be listed in a regional newsletter or email.  Some are annual, some are bi-annual, others are not on a regular schedule. 

The New London to New Brighton is a great choice, and the only national, annual tour - and it's run as an independent event. There is also the annual Lansing to Dearborn, which is run by the Midwest Brass & Gas HCCA region) , and the Snappers Brass & Gas (AACA region). https://www.snappersbrassandgas.com/

Also check VMCCA, they have some 1 & 2 tours as well. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Roger Garnett said:

Yes, they are out there, and you may be early -not late. 

1 & 2 tours do vary by area and from year to year. There are sometimes a national 1 & 2 (se the Gazette and HCCA web site), and often regional 1 & 2's. Tours for 2024 calendar are not all published yet, and regional tours may only be listed in a regional newsletter or email.  Some are annual, some are bi-annual, others are not on a regular schedule. 

The New London to New Brighton is a great choice, and the only national, annual tour - and it's run as an independent event. There is also the annual Lansing to Dearborn, which is run by the Midwest Brass & Gas HCCA region) , and the Snappers Brass & Gas (AACA region). https://www.snappersbrassandgas.com/

Also check VMCCA, they have some 1 & 2 tours as well. 

Good to know, sorta worried that I had found a car and there weren't many events to try and make. The few that I found are in the upper mid-con or the east coast . Had a hunch that there were local tours that weren't being published on the HCCA calendar. Been in touch some local people here in AZ to see what is happening, but it appears I'll be on the road to go to on a tour. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please see the latest HCCA Events page.

https://hcca.org/event/soledad-12-cylinder-tour/

There is going to be a great 1 and 2 cylinder hub tour out of Soledad, CA on May 20-24.  Tour is focused in the beautiful Salinas Valley.  Longtime Bay Area HCC (and Santa Clara Valley HCC) member Tony Wollensen is hosting via the Western Gaslight 1 and 2 Cylinder Touring Club.

The Lansing-Dearborn tour is held the Thursday and Friday after Labor Day.  It is held in conjunction with the Old Car Festival at Greenfield Village/ The Henry Ford Museum.  If you have not been to the Old Car Festival, it is the best car event in the country for vehicles 1932 and older.  They usually have over 500-700 vehicles every year in the village.  If you are interested, contact me and I can put you on the list for the sending out tour information.  I have already sent out initial hotel information. Questions, PM me.

Old Car Festival link.

https://www.thehenryford.org/current-events/calendar/old-car-festival/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...