1937 Ford 4 Door Sedan Slant - "Purchased from original owners son" $38,000 (Glendora CA) Not Mine

We have seen several other V-8s priced lower. I dont think 1937 is a very popular year.  Typical sub-optimal photos.  I have no interest in the sale of this 1937 Ford. 

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/glendora-1937-ford-door-sedan-slant/7686858543.html 

1937 V8 4 door sedan slant back. This is a highly collectible style car. Purchased from original owners son after the owner past. Car has been in storage in their garage and taken out on special occasion to show. Flathead V-8 engine with 3 speed transmission. Runs great. $38,000 or best offer

00J0J_6ddpqEQz4OK_07K03z_1200x900.jpg

00K0K_ekvKNjgw5wS_07K03z_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_hv0rLvkfiC0_07K03z_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_3EAHgjOQBIa_07K03z_1200x900.jpg

00D0D_fuBPuewCuhS_07K03z_1200x900.jpg

What in the world does "highly collectible" mean? Does that mean that this car is increasing in value as it sits? If I had a list of cars that I wished to acquire and this car was priced at 10K, it still wouldn't move me. I hate to be critical, but the seller is not being realistic. 

Not to be derogatory but just as an unscientific observation of pricing relative to various areas of the country after a few years of canvassing older cars advertised throughout the country, my conclusion is that those in the L.A. area are generally the highest and least realistic.   Phoenix, AZ and the Florida peninsula are a close second.  Of course, there are exceptions occasionally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Not to be derogatory but just as an unscientific observation of pricing relative to various areas of the country after a few years of canvassing older cars advertised throughout the country, my conclusion is that those in the L.A. area are generally the highest and least realistic.   Phoenix, AZ and the Florida peninsula are a close second.  Of course, there are exceptions occasionally.

Everybody and every car in LA is a star waiting to be discovered! 

(Is my Northern California bias showing?) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

after a few years of canvassing older cars advertised throughout the country, my conclusion is that those in the L.A. area are generally the highest and least realistic

If you think that the prices of old cars in LA is high, you should see the cost of real estate. 😂

• Like 3