Need Help Finding a Brake Booster

Cherie

We have a 1940 International Panel truck and need to replace the Brake Booster. It's obviously not original to the truck.  We think it's off of a 1975 Comaro.  Knowing my dad, it was one he found in a junk yard many years ago.  The shop I'm working with is having a hard time locating something that will work. If anyone has any leads, I would appreciate it greatly.  This is my daily driver and I really need to get it fixed.  We are located near downtown Houston if a location helps.  Thank you in advance for any and all help with this.

20220708_121825.jpg

395250366_877644240077905_7675638503158951648_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Cherie said:

Here's a couple more pictures.  I hope this show what you are looking for.  Thanks so much!

20231115_144915.jpg

20231115_144922.jpg

Looks like 73-77 A-body. Does the mounting bracket have an asymmetric bolt pattern at the firewall?

5481001-rit.jpg5481001-top.jpg5481001-bot.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hopefully the issue has been resolved.

I would mention that if your mechanic is having a hard time finding a booster, you may be in the wrong shop. Granted, there are many different possibilities with a part of an unknown original application, most mechanics (not present day "technicians") know how to do some research and make an educated guess prior to telling their customer they are having a hard time finding something that works.

You can use Rockauto.com  to look up what you suspect it might be. They have pictures of a lot of the boosters.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge.  We are actually having a very hard time finding a reliable shop close by that works on classic cars.  The shop that did all of the work on our panel truck has since pivoted to car storage and building kit cars.  The shop I was working with nearby was very willing to do all they could to help.  The owner was researching everywhere he knew.  One of the mechanics had his classic cars up on the lift.  Sadly, now I am having issues with our 4 year old radiator.  It's leaking from somewhere. I've checked all hoses and they are dry.  Along the bottom of the side that faces the engine you can see the antifreeze build up. If anyone knows of a mechanic that can help with these issues in the Houston, TX area, will you please share?  Thank you all again for your help!

Cherie