1922 Dodge Brothers touring winter sedan

Jim Adams

Good afternoon antique car lovers I have just purchased a 1922 Dodge Brothers touring sedan winter vehicle I am looking for the wood top brace that goes across the windshield for my convertible top have nothing to go by either do you need dimensions of sizes and type of wood or a very good used one that I can put in place I also have one of the supports that somebody has broken that is wood I should either make one or see if I can find another one that is in good shape if anybody out there has got something please throw me a message 

You are mixing your terms, it's either a sedan {closed} or a touring {open} car. Plus you are saying winter car which has a different meaning. A winter top is a solid removable roof for a touring car, which is a 4 door convertible.  If you have a winter top car you are lucky, they are  few to be found. A picture of what you have and what you need would help. 

• Like 2

We want to welcome you to one of the best forums on the web for one of the best and most rewarding hobbies ever! Antique automobiles have an almost magical way of connecting their caretakers with history in general, and then making one's own personal history and family more real and interesting. Making those things more real and personal  gives people greater understandings of the past and how people lived, then other cultures as well. 

There are a lot of misconceptions out on social media. The "touring sedan" thing is one of them. While there were a lot of cars that were called "touring sedan", the combined term did not become common in any way before the mid to late 1930s, and then only on specific automobiles.

To get proper answers to your questions, we need  to know what you actually have?

• Like 3

Hi! Great you found your way over here. You might also post in the Dodge Brothers section down below. 

Dodge & Dodge Brothers - Antique Automobile Club of America - Discussion Forums (aaca.org)

The OP added a photo of the car in question and here is my last post on Facebook about it;

Thanks! That clears up a lot of miss information. It is a touring car. There is nothing "winter or sedan" about it. Looks like maybe the front header bow is there, so you are missing the clamps that hold the top to the windshield post? If the front bow needs replacing, chances are the others may need replacing too. New replacements will require fitting to the sockets, they would not be just drop in and go. Even if you did find a used replacement bow with sockets attached, chances are it would need work before using. Old nail holes plugged etc. How is the tack rail around the rear upper body? Chances are it too will need the old nail holes plugged before using. I would suggest rescheduling having the top put on. In my opinion, you may be jumping the gun on that front. The parts you will need are for 1919-1922 slant windshield touring. How are the wheels and tires, does it run/drive, have you gotten the paperwork in your name?

The OP is scheduled to have a new top installed in about a months' time, so is under a time crunch. 

23 touring.jpg

Looks like a project that I passed on in 1972 in Bradenton Fla,  It sat in a body shop on US 301 and they thought it was a 1925.

I still regret not buying it.   Farther north on 301 I found a 34 Ford which started a lifetime affair with 34 Fords, for me.