1932 Ford 3W coupe, not mine.

3 minutes ago, zepher said:

You can get a complete, running and driving car for that kind of money.

Heck, you could get a driver Pierce Arrow for that.

But you can't get a complete unrestored 32 3W coupe for less. Crazy, but that is the going rate if you want to play 3window builder.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

But you can't get a complete unrestored 32 3W coupe for less. Crazy, but that is the going rate if you want to play 3window builder.

I'd rather have a full classic than a Ford 3 window.

Especially one that someone had already started to hack on.

The Ford "Deuce" mystique drives the cost on these coupes. I don't see it myself either. In almost any condition, there are a hundred cars I would rather have for half or less than what any Ford "Deuce" will sell for. As far as I am concerned? They can have them if they can afford them. I would rather have a Ford model T.

I sometimes comment of my general dislike of "most" collector car appraisers. The collector car market is complicated, and it doesn't always make sense. These cars are a prime example of the issues faced in collector car markets.

The 1932 Plymouth Xander shared will be a tough sell at under 9K. My first glace at the OP Ford and my first thought was "he'll probably get it!"

• Like 2

Occasionally in the HAMB classifiieds there is an unrestored Deuce five-window with four-cyl for about the same price as this one.  It seems like you could go the Brookville body route for much less money and effort if you were gonna make a hot rod.