For Sale: 1940 Buick Special 2dr Sedan - $12,000 - Springtown, TX - Not Mine - OH NO! Flipper got it!   11-10-2023.

For Sale: 1940 Buick Special 2dr Sedan - $12,000 - Springtown, TX - OH NO! Flipper got it!   11-10-2023. See New Advertisement Below.

1940 Buick for sale by owner - Springtown, TX - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Up for sale is a 1940 Buick Special 2dr, straight 8, with 3 on the tree, keep it stock or make a hot rod it can go either way runs and drives, give me a call. 
Copy and paste in your email: 3f5b4d8fe3e332b19c643792efd922d8@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1940 Buick Special 2dr Sedan.

'40 Buick Spl TX a.jpg

'40 Buick Spl TX b.jpg

'40 Buick Spl TX c.jpg

'40 Buick Spl TX d.jpg

'40 Buick Spl TX e.jpg

'40 Buick Spl TX f.jpg

'40 Buick Spl TX g.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
OH NO! Flipper got it!   11-10-2023. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)

I didn't even know this body style existed for the '40.  Other than the unfortunate interior, it seems like a nice car, although a bit optimistically priced.  Does it look like it's riding a bit high?  Looks that way to me. Also, is the glass tinted or is that just a photo artifact?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 7th Son said:

There's a considerable similarity between these three '40's from GM. The designers didn't have to wander too far off the track once they agreed on a basic body. I wonder which came first?

Buick

'40 Buick Spl TX a.jpg

Pontiac

1940 Pontiac Special Sport Coupe

Chevrolet

Delectable Deluxe - 1940 Chevrolet Special Deluxe sedan | Hemmings

Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile 1940

I agree, the integrated headlights made the sheet metal easy work and keeping the door handles out of the belt line should make the doors on the sedans interchangeable. Looks like the coupes doors would be interchangeable with the same models. 

3 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

For Sale: 1940 Buick Special 2dr Sedan - $12,000 - Springtown, TX

1940 Buick for sale by owner - Springtown, TX - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Up for sale is a 1940 Buick Special 2dr, straight 8, with 3 on the tree, keep it stock or make a hot rod it can go either way runs and drives, give me a call. 
Copy and paste in your email: 3f5b4d8fe3e332b19c643792efd922d8@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1940 Buick Special 2dr Sedan.

'40 Buick Spl TX a.jpg

'40 Buick Spl TX b.jpg

'40 Buick Spl TX c.jpg

'40 Buick Spl TX d.jpg

'40 Buick Spl TX e.jpg

'40 Buick Spl TX f.jpg

'40 Buick Spl TX g.jpg

Neil, good catch on this seldom seen Buick. I also had never seen one, but I believe that I have seen this in a Chevrolet. I had to look this up in the Standard Catalog of Buick and there are no pics of this model, but listed is a 40-48 2d Touring Sedan, Production - 20,739. Learn something new every day. 

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1940 Buick Special 2dr Sedan - $12,000 - Springtown, TX - Not Mine - OH NO! Flipper got it!   11-10-2023.

OH NO! Flipper got it!   11-10-2023.

1940 Buick Special /w straight 8 - $15,000 - Oklahoma City, OK

1940 buick special for sale by owner - Oklahoma City, OK - craigslist

1940 Buick Special, straight 8, 3 on the tree. Fulton visor. Converted to 12v. Electric fuel pump. Rust is not a problem.
Really solid car. Clean interior. Clean title in hand. Runs and drives great. Starts really easily.  Cons: not all gauges aren’t converted to 12v. Speedo needs new cable, The car is located in Oklahoma City, Clean Title in hand.
Calls take priority (405) 8-three-6-9-0-2-three.
Thank you for your interest.

'40 Buick Special OK a.jpg

'40 Buick Special OK b.jpg

Flipper.jpg

So a partial conversion to 12 volt, for what reason? I would assume that the car was completely rewired when the 12 volt conversion was done. The conversion and the addition of the Fulton visor will not bring this car to 15K. I think that the flipper will own this car for awhile. Sad because this is probably a nice driving car and should be on the road. 

These 2 door sedans don't bring much money.  If you have very nice original you could probably get 15 for it.  However this car is far from a nice original.  IMHO the brown exterior doesn't do this car any favors! As Kingrudy points out the 12V wiring conversion is not completed; probably best to start over and leave it as a 6V system.  Mr Flipper probably is going to get the short end of the stick on this one.

• Like 1