For Sale: 1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille - "Everything works, Runs and drives perfect" - Whitestone, NY - Not Mine - 11/24 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille in Whitestone, Queens, NY  -  $25,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/632819545712081/-1956-Cadillac-Coupe-deVille

Seller's Description:

1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille

• Driven 28,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Green

'56 Coupe deVille 28k miles - Everything works, runs and drives perfect - Power everything - Trade throw me offers

image.png.10bd8b0afd95fad61c8e80d7579bffe8.png

image.png.ea2f9ad0d6b29f7d7c2ec7b1ea832bf8.png

image.png.44d2420cc141b600dcd7767a1e97043d.png

image.png.11c43863bd2f6496a243927fb66e44a3.png

image.png.784ef01378e6a9a456067b48a2dce6e6.png

image.png.0c2d00e498284a6c0abc7db2a2d3ae6a.png

image.png.a4c3c6e2708420d490023eabd966ce32.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille - "Everything works, Runs and drives perfect" - Whitestone, NY - Not Mine

Very pretty car until you look at the interior. I am not sure why the owner would not put matching interior in the back seat. I am guessing that the front seat was worn and that needed to be replaced and the owner could not afford to do the rear. That said, the ask is 25k, so if you expect to get that kind of money the seats should match. If this was my car, I would take the air cleaner out of the back seat, match the seat material to the front and raise the price for the cost to do this. GLWTS

• Like 1

Not enough pictures. Can the low mileage claim be verified? Car shows potential but there are some loose ends to be dealt with like the missing trim under the passenger side windshield, dangling PW switch on the drivers door and some weatherstrip issues. The top of the back seat needs redone too. Why is the air cleaner & possibly a can of starting fluid stored on the back seat? Long storage, stale gas? Would like to see what the engine compartment looks like. Ready to drive & enjoy at $25K? Some questions need to be answered. GLWTS. 

• Like 2

What's with people storing filthy items on the upholstery such as air cleaners, hubcaps, wheel covers and boxes of spare parts?  In this case, what is going on with what looks like original upholstery on the back seat and faded upholstery in the front?  I looked at a '48 Pontiac Streamliner Sedan-Coupe (2-door fastback) several years ago and went for a ride in it.  The owner had a tire in the back seat and made no attempt to clean up the interior.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jim Skelly said:

What's with people storing filthy items on the upholstery such as air cleaners, hubcaps, wheel covers and boxes of spare parts?  In this case, what is going on with what looks like original upholstery on the back seat and faded upholstery in the front?  I looked at a '48 Pontiac Streamliner Sedan-Coupe (2-door fastback) several years ago and went for a ride in it.  The owner had a tire in the back seat and made no attempt to clean up the interior.

I don't get it either. You would think that a seller would be motivated enough to just remove any flotsam that's sitting in the car, but I guess not. What a maroon. 🤪

Some idiot on FB Marketplace has collectible Slingerland drums for sale. His photos are terrible, in fact, one of the drumsets has soft drum bags on them. He didn't even take the time to take them off for the photos, and he offered no information otherwise on condition. When I asked him for details and what his prices were, he replied, "They're expensive, make an offer." He can go F himself and stop playing games.  

Edited by DrumBob (see edit history)

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille - "Everything works, Runs and drives perfect" - Whitestone, NY - Not Mine - 11/24 SOLD!