of the family cars was was a 

1959 Edsel Station Wagon that 

his father still owns and keeps

in good running order.

In his second year at McPherson

he spotted this 1959 Edsel Wagon

on a trailer in the parking lot.

It is on its’ way now back to Michigan

to his brother who will finish restoration on it.

Jim

• Like 4

There is one of these in my area.The owner brings it to cars shows regularly.He put a Coyote engine in it,clear coated the patina,and slammed it on the ground.I wouldn't have done that to it,but it ain't mine.

• Like 1

Very cool wagon! The replacement engine isn't a huge deal, I don't think. I don't know about '59 FE's but by the mid-60's the numbers on the engine weren't specific to a vehicle, just a year and vehicle marque/type. If Ford used the same system in '59, the engine would "match" if it came out of an Edsel. Nevertheless, even though I like originality, I'd say that car is just rough enough and non-original enough (and very very cool enough) to deserve a thorough and decent quality restoration. I'd guess it would be financially feasible, though I don't have experience with Edsels.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I dropped off yesterday afternoon

in the western peninsula of Michigan.

I-80 eastbound was pretty much 

one lane parking lot from east of

Chicago to Indiana so I switched

to a route south.

At drop off ….

IMG_7904.jpeg.4032c1cd0815c472db85734ecffe793b.jpeg

IMG_7905.jpeg.957ea94438d81bb774bb3a5e110757da.jpeg

IMG_7906.jpeg.7b73c652d3020e21878121f23aa9211b.jpeg

About this particular Villager ….

IMG_7897.jpeg.cb18436da4abd2ec3fa0432347cef66d.jpeg

IMG_7896.jpeg.fe2da8f1485a339b0c416eaaba7b795c.jpeg

Jim

• Like 1

In the past a 1959 Edsel Villager wagon was a frequent sight in the Elizabethtown/Hershey PA area. It was all one color, a light mist green. It belonged to an older man that bought it new and it was his daily driver for many years. Apparently he kept it garaged and maintained as it always looked nice. I believe the man passed away and the car was sold at an estate auction about 20 years ago. Us old car guys used to comment about when it we saw it but it was driven so often (there it goes again!) that after a while we just kind of  took it for granted. I don't know what ever happened to that green Edsel wagon but I'll bet it still exists today due to its uniqueness and condition, it may even be around here somewhere in the local area. It sure looked a lot nicer than most cars of that era that were still running around on the local roads.

• Like 1