Couple of 1937s ---2017 Pomona swamp meet--interesting.

Wayne R

i took these photos  back   2017  CA swamp,  so thought these   photos would interest

a few   owners here,  the more original 37,  would a  37 expert tell me  the item on steering wheel,

what is it,---i can guess   but not sure,   this Buick had alot of extras, and was for sale.

i was in a hurry  and i did  not spend much time looking at them ,as i only had a bout 2 hours there that day

and members here will know how big that swamp-show is.----just found photos today.

091.JPG

092.JPG

093.JPG

094.JPG

090.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 8:50 AM, EmTee said:

Is that a Buick under all of that gewgaw...?  :unsure:

Looks like most of it comes off with a couple wrenches.  Then the scarce items like the fold down rear bumper guard can all be sold separately to make back 10% of the cars putrchase price.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 10:48 PM, MCHinson said:

The item on the steering wheel is not a Buick authorized accessory. I could guess it is either an aftermarket compass or an aftermarket clock. 

Thank you  Mathew   thought it may be a compass   or  clock.

On 10/14/2023 at 1:34 PM, Shootey said:

My dad, or grandad, I can’t remember which, both were jokers, had a saying: “Everything’s ok except the nut behind the wheel”. 

Boy, I have not heard that statement for a longgggggg time.  Brings back memories of my Dad & Grandpa saying the same thing. 

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1