NEW WEBSITE FEATURE: Updated Classified Ads

I do not want to offend anyone but I want to say that I am very confused with the new look of the HCCA site. I am sure it is me.....however I just love scanning the site for cars, parts, etc. both wanted and/or sold. I now seem to be totally lost. Cars that have been posted for a while show postings of just a couple days?? I also like to see where the cars are located and this no longer seems to be there. Sorry for my confusion and with all the hard work that goes into this great site it is not my intent to be negative. However this old stone is.....well.... confused. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GTX said:

I do not want to offend anyone but I want to say that I am very confused with the new look of the HCCA site. I am sure it is me.....however I just love scanning the site for cars, parts, etc. both wanted and/or sold. I now seem to be totally lost. Cars that have been posted for a while show postings of just a couple days?? I also like to see where the cars are located and this no longer seems to be there. Sorry for my confusion and with all the hard work that goes into this great site it is not my intent to be negative. However this old stone is.....well.... confused. 

You are not alone. Who in the hell dreams up this updated shit.

• Like 2

If you can get to the HCCA classifieds, you don't have to select a category, just continue to scroll to the bottom.  You will see that there are two pages of ads.  The oldest ad is seven months old.

Based on the notice on the HCCA forum page, the HCCA will stop supporting its own forum in early 2024 and will use this (the AACA forum).  It looks like a link will remain that will take you to the legacy HCCA forum threads.

On 10/16/2023 at 3:45 PM, sagefinds said:

You are not alone. Who in the hell dreams up this updated shit.

I'm the guy that dreamed up this updated "stuff". :)

Hit me with some constructive criticism.  I'll do my best to address your complaints. 

Here is a side by side comparison of the old classifieds vs the new classifieds.  Top is desktop computer. Bottom is phone. (about 50% of the users)

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 7.52.16 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 10.47.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 10.52.31 PM.png

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to NEW WEBSITE FEATURE: Updated Classified Ads
  • Peter Gariepy unpinned and featured this topic
8 hours ago, Peter Gariepy said:

I'm the guy that dreamed up this updated "stuff". :)

Hit me with some constructive criticism.  I'll do my best to address your complaints. 

Here is a side by side comparison of the old classifieds vs the new classifieds.  Top is desktop computer. Bottom is phone. (about 50% of the users)

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 7.52.16 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 10.47.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 10.52.31 PM.png

It's "change" Peter,I doubt I can even come close to explaining what a nightmare it is for some of us. When do they start kids on these electronic devises these days,2nd grade? I didn't get it in 1953. I've only been texting for three or four years,when Union Wireless updates my phone to make it so much better for me,LOL,I can no longer text and send a picture at the same time,I have to go down to Union and have them show me how. There is a Richie Bros Auction just down the road. If I want to see if they have an enclosed trailer I might be interested in online,it's either everything they have or just trailers in every auction they have all over the world that I come up with. I've contacted them on it but they don't get it. I was down there once and the counter lady went through it but too fast and I got nothing out of it. So,they don't sell me a trailer when otherwise they might have. My daughter has to come over and save me on this computer on a regular basis. Computer geniuses design this stuff,they should have someone like me trying to navigate it all while looking over their shoulder,see why it's confusing to them,and take some steps to simplify it.

32 minutes ago, sagefinds said:

It's "change" Peter,I doubt I can even come close to explaining what a nightmare it is for some of us. When do they start kids on these electronic devises these days,2nd grade? I didn't get it in 1953. I've only been texting for three or four years,when Union Wireless updates my phone to make it so much better for me,LOL,I can no longer text and send a picture at the same time,I have to go down to Union and have them show me how. There is a Richie Bros Auction just down the road. If I want to see if they have an enclosed trailer I might be interested in online,it's either everything they have or just trailers in every auction they have all over the world that I come up with. I've contacted them on it but they don't get it. I was down there once and the counter lady went through it but too fast and I got nothing out of it. So,they don't sell me a trailer when otherwise they might have. My daughter has to come over and save me on this computer on a regular basis. Computer geniuses design this stuff,they should have someone like me trying to navigate it all while looking over their shoulder,see why it's confusing to them,and take some steps to simplify it.

My challenge is to make it as intuitive as possible.  Not always a simple task.

In the case of the most recent changes, it was not change for change sake. Forgive the analogy, but the website needed a good tune-up, oil change, and a new set of tires.  On top of that the paint got a good buffing and a few interior tears were sawn up. :)  

BTW:  Give yourself a little more credit. You're using this forum and the HCCA classifieds, so you're farther ahead than many. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am not being picky, nor complaining? But I suspect a humorous typo?

On 10/18/2023 at 8:05 AM, Peter Gariepy said:

On top of that the paint got a good buffing and a few interior tears were sawn up.

Oh, what a difference one simple letter can make. "Sawn", "sewn"?

Big difference in the image one can perceive.

• Like 2

Just had a look. I use a computer , not a phone and I still have a bit of a preference for the old classified format. When first scanning things at least. I did find the old way of seeing additional photos clumbersome {open in a seperate window } so on the whole a step forward. Great to hear you have taken this on Peter !

• 2 months later...

Peter,

Thank you for all your work on this.  You exhibit more patience with dissatisfied users than I would!  Most people do not like change.  It takes a while to learn all the new features and navigation.  My suggestion to folks out there who are struggling is to just poke around, look through things, click, and look.  It's not like you won't be able to get back to where you started.  Most readers here work on antique cars.  Talk about no roadmap!  If you can take apart and put together old car parts you can figure out a message board.  BELIEVE!  Ha ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1