My Hershey Experience 2023

My Hershey experience for 2023 started last year, thinking I would be going to sell this year but health issues dictated that was not going to happen. (maybe next year)

Changed some doctors appointment around so I could at least attend.

Headed out early Monday from NH and arrived around noon, couldn't check in to hotel till 3:00PM so I may as well go check the fields, found it was the best time to buy my brochure.

Got up early Tuesday morning to get on the field by 7:00AM (advertised opening time), walked for 10 hours (kept telling myself do this in moderation, didn't listen) and picked up a few prewar Plymouth parts, met some Plymouth guys that I have wanted to meet for some time and also shared some great stories. (most likely my highlight), My legs, feet and even my hips were killing me as I was absolutely smoked, so I went to dinner at a great place called SMOKED, had a nice ice-cold beer and a delicious brisket sandwich.

Wednesday: Not going to walk as much as I did on Tuesday, did it anyway and found a couple more parts, renewed my membership and bought a new AACA t-shirt to ad to my wardrobe. Checked out the cars at RM Auction.

Thursday, didn't think I could do another day of walking so I headed home.

My observations:

Food was great with plenty of variety, although hot as hell and couldn't find any ice cream. 

Many vacant spaces, many just used for parking (not sure how to fix it, above my pay grade)

Mobility scooters are one thing that is needed, but golf carts, bikes, motorcycles etc. (rules, you have rules enforce them and grow some balls or don't have rules at all)

God willing, I will be back next year.

Billy Mitchell

P.S. Got nailed for speeding in NY on the way home, oh well guilty as charged.

• Like 5

One more thing I should have added under Observations: If your there to sell be ready to sell at 7:00AM, that is when they open and Hershey is only once a year. Many people with a pocket full of cash can't see what is under your tarps if you don't uncover them till 8-9 am and they most likely will not come back around for a second trip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 1932 plymouth pb sedan said:

One more thing I should have added under Observations: If your there to sell be ready to sell at 7:00AM, that is when they open and Hershey is only once a year. Many people with a pocket full of cash can't see what is under your tarps if you don't uncover them till 8-9 am and they most likely will not come back around for a second trip.

Agreed.  I had pockets full of cash and walked past quite a few tarps in the morning and those closing early as well.  It takes a long time to walk the entire meet so at least for me, there's no starting late and taking your time.

• Like 4

On 10/7/2023 at 1:52 PM, 1932 plymouth pb sedan said:

Amen. 

Bear in mind that they won't let vendors in the gate until 7am, so depending on where the spot is and where you're at, security won't let the vendors in.

As already stated, the gate doesn't open until 7. Couple that with long lines of traffic and a VERY short traffic light on Airport Road, put me at my spot somewhere between 7:30 and 8:00. Since I got tired of waiting for you to arrive at my booth with your pocket full of cash, I left around 4:00 so I could stand in a long line of traffic and get caught by that same short traffic light. Leaving around 4:00 also allowed me to get caught in a long line of people waiting for a table at the local eateries. Just sayin...

Frank