WTB Packard Edmunds Aluminum Head

mpbdlc

1 minute ago, Ozstatman said:

Beware of this "offer"! This very new poster appears to have very rare parts available for many applications. What's that old saying? Oh, I know, it's "If it sounds too good to be true, it's too good to be true".

Yeah definitely. I saw he posted pictures from a motortrend article on another "wanted" thread. Apparently he doesnt know you can reverse search pictures 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There has been a couple for sale in recent year here in the forum:

I understand they are very rare but still worth a try. The engine is far older than me and it will still be around once I am gone thus there is plenty of time to find it.

6 hours ago, alsancle said:

Honestly, I would probably not go through all the work to set one up if it was me. It looks great, in the car runs fine, but it’s pain in the ass to keep it in tune.

What makes it need to be tuned so frequently? The increased compression ratio?

3 hours ago, mpbdlc said:

What makes it need to be tuned so frequently? The increased compression ratio?

I'm talking more about the dual carbs than the head.  However, it does have a weird heat curve where the car gets warmer when you are moving and cooler when you are sitting at a light.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, sagefinds said:

If you spelled "Packard" correctly in your title,it might help in a search.

I know. I was lazy when I created this thread and copy pasted the title of the october 30 2022 thread I showed above without realizing the spelling mistake at the time. I have left it that way since I feel it may bring some curious people that are thinking "wow this guy can't even spell the make of the car he is working on" but at the same time they might know someone who has an Edmunds head. I do check for other classifieds every other day in case this WTB is missed. Thank you for the advice, I will eventually fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, nick8086 said:

I know of two of them in Nebraska ..

He will not sell them.. That was 10 years ago when  I asked him..

Hi Nick, do you have a contact? maybe after 10 years he can be persuaded? I am actually looking for the head to drive it not for re-sell or collecting. Fortunately it is a relatively easy thing to swap. Thank you for the tip and responding

11 hours ago, mpbdlc said:

Hi Nick, do you have a contact? maybe after 10 years he can be persuaded? I am actually looking for the head to drive it not for re-sell or collecting. Fortunately it is a relatively easy thing to swap. Thank you for the tip and responding

I had his number. He will still say no. It is not for sale..

He has over 300 cars in his private car collection..

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, classiccarjack said:

I hope you find one!  I have one heck of a time finding Chrysler Parts.  I can only imagine how hard it must be to find Packard parts...  Sigh

Thank you! They are out there, the hard part is finding someone willing to part with them. The hunt is at the end of the day part of the fun of our hobby.

• Like 1

• West Peterson changed the title to WTB Packard Edmunds Aluminum Head