Model 75 brakes

BlueDevil

I ran into a problem when I started on my brakes. I assumed that all the cylinders had the same mounting bolt spread. You know what they say about assumption. Turns out the fronts have 1 3/4" spacing and the rears

1 15/16". So you need 2 of each. Also here is the 5/16 x 1/4 copper coated steel brake line I am going to try and use as it is safer and has basically the same appearance and it is under $20 for 25'75brakes.jpg.9e45bbb7e54d9f85138552ca6f8f6874.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stopped by White Post last week and talked to Billy. I have new rear cylinders but fronts are elusive so I may go the rebuild route.

I am going to replace the brake lines with steel since the copper coated steel looks like the original and is safer in my opinion.

I am also going to use a double flare vs the original single. I am concerned about sealing.

Pic 1 is comparison of original copper and new copper/steel. I am not trying to duplicate this line on the right.

Pic 2 is the end flares

Pic 3 is the CalVan flaring tool

Pic 4 is the tool assembled

Pic 5 is the flare before final forming. I cleaned up the edges of the hole with a tapered reamer. 

75 brake.jpg

75 brake1.jpg

75 brake2.jpg

75 brake3.jpg

75 brake4.jpg

3 hours ago, BlueDevil said:

Based on the photo in the owners manual there appear to have clips at 10 and 2 o'clock on the pumpkin

Agree, also not that the tube goes on the front side of the pumpkin and that most exposed parts of the tube is covered in spirals made of steel.