For Sale:  1954 Mercury Monterey 4dr Sedan, 79K miles, manual shift w/OD - $4,200 - Lyons, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1954 Mercury Monterey 4dr Sedan, 79K miles, manual shift w/OD - $4,200 - Lyons, NY 
1954 mercury Monterey - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Up for sale is a 1954 Mercury Monterey 4dr. 256 v8 3 spd on column with overdrive 79,000 miles car run and drives good. It’s not a show car it’s a driver. $4200 or best offer. The car is located in Lyons, NY.
Copy and paste in your email:  2e57d449696734d98f6166296c98dd85@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1954 Mercury Monterey 4dr Sedan.

'54 Mercury NY a.jpg

'54 Mercury NY b.jpg

'54 Mercury NY c.jpg

'54 Mercury NY d.jpg

'54 Mercury NY e.jpg

'54 Mercury NY f.jpg

'54 Mercury NY g.jpg

'54 Mercury NY h.jpg

'54 Mercury NY i.jpg

• Like 2

I agree it looks like a really good deal, especially if it looks good underneath. Just be aware that it has the one year only 256 CID Y-Block. My father had one that he bought new. I had an interesting anomaly. It would suck oil out through the fuel pump when going downhill. One time coming down off of the Skyline Drive there was a guy riding our tail on the 2 lane road. Dad floored it and left the guy in a cloud of blue smoke that would have made James Bond proud. Of course, it also sucked out a quart of oil. He never liked that car and jumped at the chance to buy a 1957 Ford Fairlane Five hundred, a much better car.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Thanks 1

My '54 Merc was a black convertible with every conceivable option -

Back during the summer of 1961, the gals would do (almost) anything for a ride-

the guys drooled over it - and over the gals?

First year for Mercury (and Ford) OHV V-8, and tended to have return flow oil circulation issues,

but a stylish, sexy, cool ride .

• Like 1