For Sale: 1971 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible - "Excellent condition, Rare color combination" - Winchester, VA - Not Mine - 9/5 Reduced - 9/16 Deleted

For sale on Craigslist: 1971 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible in Winchester, VA  -  $16,900  -  Call: 540 336 33 fifty seven

On 8/24, Seller reduced price to $16,000

On 9/5, Seller reduced price to $15,000

Link to 9/14 relist: https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/cto/d/winchester-1971-cadillac-eldorado/7665936453.html

Seller's Description:

1971 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

• condition: excellent
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 70,000
  • paint color: green
  • title status: clean

1971 Eldorado Convertible. Very rare color combination. 35 year + owner history. 70k original miles. rust free car with 1 repaint. Nice original interior. Nice top. Nice chrome. Loaded with all options Recent work includes fuel system, brakes, and new tires. Great cruiser! Call me!

image.png.d38c6939472f247b1d01666c43cdebab.png

image.png.57126d98ec8a260feb043b61844e4114.png

image.png.1fafba22e2cc0c18149033d17c2c5fd4.png

image.png.e0f589005dd80a33aae1c80c1b628894.png

image.png.c744d63920d9fe4bc20fc4242b86d9af.png

image.png.382ab4d07cbdc7a9f5a0c4963e995e1a.png

image.png.a79a498fc05b6ba07a64a3bb2d25e778.png

image.png.8b54b1171c372bba62a6d2c52b769ae0.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1971 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible - "Excellent condition, Rare color combination" - Winchester, VA - Not Mine

Interior appears to be a vinyl replacement.  No engine photos, not enough information to avoid a phone call.  Persian Lime is a rare color.  (Or whatever Cadillac called that color in that particular year). White interior is a plus even if vinyl.  

In my opinion, 70,000 miles can be high miles for 1971-1978 Eldorados.   Judging from comments on the Cadillac LaSalle club forum and various ads I have followed over the years.   We’ll start with no mention of AC status as usual. Likely needs $3000 in AC service.  Front suspensions and drive axles need rebuilt by 70,000.  Has the complicated scissor type convertible mechanism.  And gets 8mpg requiring 91 octane fuel.  $4.85 a gallon here in Iowa.  

It’s a nice car perhaps but all of these sellers want all the money for them. $17,000?  During the height of the pandemic when I was home more these were in my searches and were $9,000 to $12,000, many presented much better and with less miles.   

• Like 2

They've done a good job on the interior if it's replaced. The only thing I notice (besides the lack of original leather shine and sunburn) is that the front seats don't have that little strap on the upper portion of the backrest that the rear seats have (and my '71 Eldo convertible had).

Not sure 70K miles is a cause for concern. They have a bulletproof drivetrain.

Agree climate control can be an expensive PITA. 

Scissor top mechanism always worked fine for me, but an old stiff top might keep it from retracting fully.

1971 was the first year for unleaded regular. No need for premium. I could squeeze 12 mpg if I took it easy with mine, but I could almost see the gauge move if I floored it.

Price is a bit high if the interior is vinyl, but it's a good-looking car, and a seriously fun cruiser.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the Eldorado looks excellent, and it's reasonably

priced as well.  It's primed for a successful sale soon.

I wish every seller were so realistic.

I'm not a fan of white leather interiors, so if the seats

are indeed recovered in vinyl, that's not much detraction

for me.  White leather shows every crease and crack,

even when the mileage is low.  The good thing is that

original white or light colored leather provides a good

verification  of a car's true mileage!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My old ride. Rougher than the subject car. Cheaper and had functioning sunroof. After a few bitchy x frame tops and bad canvas, costly $$ replacement, an Eldo coupe is my personal choice.

Yeah, I still want the subject car!!!

jan19 004.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very nice Ed. I love the coupes as well in that color.  My issue with that color is I call most Cadillacs painted that color Persian Lime - through about 1980.  But Cadillac changed its name and tint a couple of times and I get corrected.  Whether slightly darker tint or actually Persian Lime - it’s one of my favorite Cadillac colors 

• Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1971 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible - "Excellent condition, Rare color combination" - Winchester, VA - Not Mine - 9/5 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1971 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible - "Excellent condition, Rare color combination" - Winchester, VA - Not Mine - 9/5 Reduced - 9/16 Deleted