Chandler-Cleveland newsletter in the works

Chris and Jill,

I saw your post and am pleased you are getting the newsletter going again.    I am getting too old to start more projects so I will let several items go.   A 1929 Chandler Royal Eight four door sedan with wire wheels.   Free.   A 1917 Chandler clover leaf roadster body sitting on a frame.   I removed the wood and put it in boxes and sandblasted the metal to keep it from rusting further and primed the metal.  $1000.

An early 1925 Chandler complete chassis in excellent condition with good wood wheels. $1000.

Contact Willard Schoellerman, 530 863 3260 or email willard.schoellerman@gmail.com     Located in Auburn, Calif. 

21 hours ago, wdsforestlake said:

Chris and Jill,

I saw your post and am pleased you are getting the newsletter going again.    I am getting too old to start more projects so I will let several items go.   A 1929 Chandler Royal Eight four door sedan with wire wheels.   Free.   A 1917 Chandler clover leaf roadster body sitting on a frame.   I removed the wood and put it in boxes and sandblasted the metal to keep it from rusting further and primed the metal.  $1000.

An early 1925 Chandler complete chassis in excellent condition with good wood wheels. $1000.

Contact Willard Schoellerman, 530 863 3260 or email willard.schoellerman@gmail.com     Located in Auburn, Calif. 

Thanks Willard and good to hear from you!. We are going to give the club a "jump start" and see if we can get it going again. Just met with George , Terry, and Wendy & Mac, about getting the newsletter sent out again. Looks like it will be email only if we can. I know there are some that don't have email that might need to pay for a paper copy, we'll see.

We plan to have a For Sale and Wanted section in the newsletter. If you want to send me more information on your cars and possibly pictures I will list them in the newsletter. Had I more space I would be driving your way now for that 1917 roadster, but as it I have a full garage and not enough time to keep up with my current projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much Chris and Jill. I am looking forward to the newsletter and contributing soon. I am currently gathering a bunch of photos and history of my Chandler.

Peter

22 hours ago, PWN said:

Thank you very much Chris and Jill. I am looking forward to the newsletter and contributing soon. I am currently gathering a bunch of photos and history of my Chandler.

Peter

Looking forward to it Peter! Thanks for sharing your story and the history of the car.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 12:11 AM, wdsforestlake said:

Chris and Jill,

I'm on the other side of the US, but your project car sounds great.

I'm working on a 31 Willys Landau Coupe currently but in a year or so, if you still have your 1917 Roadster, we will have to talk. I'll be looking for a car with plenty of wood to replace.

Chandler has always been at the top of my list since seeing a fine example at the Crawford Museum many years ago. Back in 2016, after not finding a Chandler/Cleveland restoration project, I got involved with Willys/Overland.

Thanks for getting the Newsletter up and going again.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Just purchased James Lackey's book on 'The Chandler Automobile'.

After only a few pages in, I can honestly say that it is a complete story of the Chandler Automobiles and I look forward to going forward and learn more.

I think it's time for me to take another trip to the Crawford Museum in Cleveland this fall to see the car that started my love for Chandler's.

Bill

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 4:46 AM, wmsue said:

Just purchased James Lackey's book on 'The Chandler Automobile'.

After only a few pages in, I can honestly say that it is a complete story of the Chandler Automobiles and I look forward to going forward and learn more.

I think it's time for me to take another trip to the Crawford Museum in Cleveland this fall to see the car that started my love for Chandler's.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I think I have now read that book two times cover to cover. I continue to find new information about Chandler's history in the book. Look for the Jordan book that James Lackey did before this one, you'll really enjoy that story!

Chris

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Greetings, Chandler and Cleveland enthusiasts!
I'm a writer with Hemmings and have written a few pieces about these fine cars over the last 20 years.

I recently was made aware of an original Cleveland dealership building in Butte, Montana, that still bears its concrete logo nameplate (see the attached photo), and I'm putting together a story about this for Hemmings Classic Car magazine and for our website.

One thing I would love to be able to do when we run this story is to include a period Cleveland advertisement that features this logo. Would anyone be willing to email me a high-resolution scan of a Cleveland car ad, with promise of printed credit?

Many thanks for your time and consideration,

Mark McCourt

mmccourt@hemmings.com

802-447-9576

credit Kate McCourt.jpg

Scanned ad copy sent via email.

Others on the forum have original ads that they may share with you.

My scans were from James Lackey's book, so credit goes his way. Not sure if a copy of a copy has good enough resolution to suite your needs.

Good Luck,

Bill

Edited by wmsue
Typo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last call for Chandler-Cleveland enthusiasts for our first newsletter in a while. We hope to share this with every owner of a Chandler or Cleveland motor car from 1913 to 1929. Drop me a message if I can include you on the email list for the first issue, no strings attached.

It may be worthwhile to contact Alan Jones here in Australia who does the Hupmobile Register which also caters for Chandler vehicles. At the very least he can place an ad in "Chandler corner" alerting people to this newsletter.

Steve

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 6:32 PM, Fordy said:

It may be worthwhile to contact Alan Jones here in Australia who does the Hupmobile Register which also caters for Chandler vehicles. At the very least he can place an ad in "Chandler corner" alerting people to this newsletter.

Steve

Hi Fordy,

Thanks for the tip. Can you send me his email address and I will send him a copy of the newsletter.

Thanks