pear for fuel transfert

cquisuila

Is that from an outboard motor auxiliary fuel tank or similar?  I would be concerned about HEAT and ethanol deterioration of the rubber involved.  Better to use a small pressure/capacity electric fuel pump remote from the engine, usually.

NTX5467

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NTX5467 said:

Is that from an outboard motor auxiliary fuel tank or similar?  I would be concerned about HEAT and ethanol deterioration of the rubber involved.  Better to use a small pressure/capacity electric fuel pump remote from the engine, usually.

NTX5467

and fuel transfert in permanence ? no FLOW problem ?

5 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

I wouldn't trust it over the long term.

Why did you ask? I find that when a person feels comfortable with something they don't ask. 😀

yes

i don't feel comfortable with this pear but it is comfortable 🤣

and especially as not to tire the battery and the starter

• Like 1

An auxiliary electric fuel pump will not “tire” the battery.  It takes a lot more battery to turn a starter on an engine than to run an electric pump.  Grind the starter from some time or energize an electric pump.  

Who wants to jump out, open the hood, squeeze a ball a couple of times, then jump back in and hope the engine starts.  Your car is a 1966.  Since it was new 57 years ago it’s not needed an auxiliary pump.  If you choke is set properly, and your car is in good tune, you’ll have no problems. But you will if that bulb burst and catches your car on fire. 

• Like 1

I don't have an electric fuel pump on my '67 Riviera.  When the car sits unused for a few days it takes about 30 seconds of cranking to get fuel to the carburetor.  That also allows the oil pump to build pressure.  I crank the starter for 10 ~15 seconds at a time with a brief rest in between until it starts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/1/2023 at 3:10 AM, EmTee said:

I don't have an electric fuel pump on my '67 Riviera.  When the car sits unused for a few days it takes about 30 seconds of cranking to get fuel to the carburetor.  That also allows the oil pump to build pressure.  I crank the starter for 10 ~15 seconds at a time with a brief rest in between until it starts.

ok i don't use a pear and you are quite right and this allows the oil pump to build pressure :) thank you for this advise

• Like 2