I just started a 1916 Dodge Brothers Touring Car project.

Brett Vaughters

Its been in storage for about 3 decades.  Its in pretty good shape but right off the bat I noticed the gas cap and the Speedometer plumbing and cable were missing.  I was wondering if anyone had any advice on where to look for those parts other than E-bay.  The Battery is corroded and the box is rotted out in the bottom.  I was told they put it in storage because they could not keep it running.  It has everything else in driver condition..

1916 Dodge Brothers Touring CAr.jpg

1916 Dodge Brothers Touring Car 2.jpg

Edited by Brett Vaughters
add pictures (see edit history)
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Brett Vaughters said:

Its been in storage for about 3 decades.  Its in pretty good shape but right off the bat I noticed the gas cap and the Speedometer plumbing and cable were missing.  I was wondering if anyone had any advice on where to look for those parts other than E-bay.  The Battery is corroded and the box is rotted out in the bottom.  I was told they put it in storage because they could not keep it running.  It has everything else in driver condition..

1916 Dodge Brothers Touring CAr.jpg

1916 Dodge Brothers Touring Car 2.jpg

Scroll down to the Dodge and Dodge Brothers section of this forum for parts and information. NICE car!

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

I see a Ford Model T behind it. :) Nice looking DB touring. If you have not got a copy yet, suggest getting copy of the MECHANICS' INSTRUCTION MANUAL. Dodge Repair Manual 1926 1925 1924 1923 1922 1921 1920 1919 1918 1917 1916 1915 | eBay

Dodge & Dodge Brothers - Antique Automobile Club of America - Discussion Forums (aaca.org)

Besides the 1920 Dodge and 1925 T pickup I have, there are a couple (or more I just don't know about) within a few miles (North Portland) of me. Besides AACA page there are also 2 pretty good Facebook Dodge Brothers groups. One of the two FB is connected to the Dodge Brothers Club. The DBC stores their printed matter in the AACA library. Copys of that material can be gotten from them. 

If you have any questions, posting in the Dodge Brothers section \|/ here or on one of the 2 Facebook groups, should get the help you need. 

Mark