AAC GOLD AWARD

31 LaSalle

I am considering bidding on a car at an auction in uk

the car is a 1946 pontiac streamliner two door coupe

it was restored in 2010 and awarded an AAC gold award .what does this award say about the quality and level of the restoration

30 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Can you explain what an AAC Gold award is?   Cannot find anything automotive related on Google.  By chance could it be a AACA National First Prize Award.  If it is, there should be a number on the badge and I can tell you a lot more about the car.

Yes it is an AACA award aprox 2010 restored by rick shoesmith i am assuming in the usa

i am trying to get more details from the auction house

thank you for your reply

2 hours ago, 31 LaSalle said:

Yes it is an AACA award approx. 2010...

The year will be on the badge of an AACA award.

It's not approximate.  And the AACA national office

can look it up, if you give the serial # on the badge,

to ensure it matches with the serial # (VIN) of the car.

There is no "Gold Award" in the AACA.

• Thanks 1

The badge is gold.  Steve and others are correct, get the serial number off the badge and it can be verified.  Does it have a "Senior" tab on it?  A Senior tab is one step higher in the judging of a AACA vehicle.  

Go to the main page of The AACA and look under publications and open the judging manual, it give a detailed description of the awards.

Edited by dalef62 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 2:37 PM, Steve Moskowitz said:

Can you explain what an AAC Gold award is?   Cannot find anything automotive related on Google.  By chance could it be a AACA National First Prize Award.  If it is, there should be a number on the badge and I can tell you a lot more about the car.

AACA national first W21345 in 2008

AACA  april 2010 charlotte meet first preservation trophy

AACA FEB 2012 21345  class26a

AACA FEB 2009 21345 class26a

THE auction information said AACA GOLD AWARD this was a mistake by them 

the gold award was actualy from the pontiac club july 2009 dayton ohio  scored 367/400

• Like 1

Good to read the total confusion of what , where, when and numbers is cleared up - how can an auction company expect to sell a car and tout what it has won as a selling point  and not even get their information correct?   What auction company is it?

If one wants to buy something , has the $ to do so , the dubious questions of : sort of, maybe, kinda - should not come into play. AT LEAST AACA and Steve Moskowitz have their act together !! 

AAC stands for Absolutely Ain't Correct.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Walt, it my act is together it is an ACT!  I'm not sure physically or mentally I am together but I am plugging away as is the entire staff.  Lots of new things on the way for AACA.  I have more info now for 31 LaSalle!  Sending him a PM

thank you for the offer of more information on the pontiac

but i no longer need it . i have just come back from the auction 

and found the condition of the car not good  paint work cracking badly and interior moth and mice damage

it is a shame that such a lovely car has just been left to fall into disrepair after such a nice restoration

Any way thank you once again for you help

This must be the car you're talking about, photographed at the 2010 Charlotte meet. I've always loved the styling of the Pontiac streamliners. I was struck by this car and remember talking to the owner.  Why would someone buy such a beautiful vehicle, spend the money to ship it overseas and then neglect it? I hope the person who owned it in the 2008-2012 period doesn't see this post. What a letdown it would be.

Pontiac1946EightF.JPG.c677991e4868176c53b685234bf7eefa.JPG

Don

Edited by DLynskey
Typo (see edit history)