1953 Special $8500 - Another Delusional Next Generation Seller

So, I usually just don't respond to next generation ads selling dad's or Grandpas old car.  But I had to for this dumba**.  I was pretty polite and straightforward in my message.  He wants it gone this weekend at $8500.  (Insert rolling eye imogi here)

• Like 1

My general mantra for life is essentially this: "Assume ignorance, not malice."  It calms me down when I feel that someone is messing with me.  In this case, someone is probably responsible for disposing of inherited property.  They may not have the time or inclination to do much research on what it's worth, so they threw a price on it.  Yep, it's optimistic, but they'll find that out when nobody inquires about it, and if they're at all perceptive, they'll adjust their price.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

So, I usually just don't respond to next generation ads selling dad's or Grandpas old car.  But I had to for this dumba**.  I was pretty polite and straightforward in my message.  He wants it gone this weekend at $8500.  (Insert rolling eye imogi here)

If he rolled it outside, washed, vacuumed, primed the oil pump, flush the fuel, post better photos and write up.... maybe he could get 8....  Sounds like a long list, but for a weekend worth of work, would really increase his chances.  Unfortunately, TV makes many believe that the Richard Rawlins's of the world will just roll-up, pocket full of cash and buy any dust covered car for 10g.

Edited by NC-car-guy (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Neglected for a long time, poor pics, little info, assume it's a non-runner that needs the $2000 mechanical wake-up along with a new set of tires and it's not the most desirable model either. Real-world price $3500 on a good day if the right buyer sees it. IMO they're fishing and looking for top dollar or it would be outside in the driveway with a For Sale sign on it. 

• Like 2