1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield Silver Ghost Piccadilly Roadster $345K

I have an acquaintance who complained that since he bought a Bentley, the valet parking kids expect a bigger tip. I imagine this car would be far worse! What a beauty! Much more in the listing. 

https://lbilimited.com/offerings/1925-rolls-royce-silver-ghost-piccadilly-roadster/  

This particular example, Chassis # S100LK, is the last right-hand drive, 4-speed gearbox car manufactured in Springfield, MA, and began life with a Town Car body. It was purchased as such on April 14, 1925, by a W.H. Porter of New York City. He owned the car in its original configuration until 1934, when he gave it back to Rolls-Royce and had them swap the Town Car body for a Piccadilly Roadster body (#M588) from Chassis # S164JH that was owned by a Walter Reade of Deal, NJ. The body was also altered to resemble a Playboy, lowering the car and the now one-piece windshield, adding valances over the rear springs, and changing the wheels to 20-inch ones. 

In February of 1987, the leather upholstery on the doors was replaced with new leather. The engine and brakes received their first recorded rebuild that same month, with a total bill of just under $9,000. The exhaust, carburetor, and voltage regulator received the same treatment the following month, this time totaling over $3,000. New pistons were installed in May of 1995, and the blocks were bored +.040 in August of that same year.

Fast forward to 2010, and the straight-six engine under the hood received a full rebuild, from top to bottom, totaling in at just under $4,800 and giving this British beast a new lease on life.   info@lbilimited.com

1925-Rolls-Royce-Silver-Ghost-Piccadilly-Roadster-00LK-_Advertising-1-scaled.jpg?auto=compress&fit=clip&w=35001925-Rolls-Royce-Silver-Ghost-Piccadilly-Roadster-00LK-_Advertising-11-scaled.jpg?auto=compress&fit=clip&w=35001925-Rolls-Royce-Silver-Ghost-Piccadilly-Roadster-00LK-_Advertising-20-scaled.jpg?auto=compress&fit=clip&w=35001925-Rolls-Royce-Silver-Ghost-Piccadilly-Roadster-00LK-_Advertising-46-scaled.jpg?auto=compress&fit=clip&w=35001925-Rolls-Royce-Silver-Ghost-Piccadilly-Roadster-00LK-_Advertising-33-scaled.jpg?auto=compress&fit=clip&w=3500

• Like 3

They need to throw the trunk in the trash. Looks like a fairly decent car. If you read the detailed descriptions, they are ridiculous. The guy keeps calling it a British Roadster. What a moron it’s almost as ridiculous as the asking number. I really like these cars……… but the current market numbers are nowhere near what they’re asking.  In my opinion, a Springfield Ghost is one of the most underrated great cars you can buy for the money. If you want to be entertained, click the link and read the entire description.

• Like 1