For Sale: 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix - Two-tone hardtop - "Great condition" - Pasadena, CA - Not Mine - 5/25 New video & photos

For sale on Craigslist: 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix 4-door Hardtop in Pasadena, CA  -  $13,000  -  No phone # provided. Reply to Seller through Craigslist email to:  6951d297ffa13b079a40462aee139586@sale.craigslist.org

Link: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/altadena-rare-1961-dodge-polaris/7625140628.html

On 5/25, Seller listed on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/198111016494867/-1961-Dodge-Dart-Phoenix

See walkaround video in first photot of Facebook ad.

Seller's Description:

1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix 4-door Hardtop

• condition: excellent
  • cylinders: other
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 100,009
  • odometer rolled over
  • paint color: brown
  • title status: clean

Amazing rare 1961 dodge Polaris very low production car pushbutton transmission four-door but it’s a hard top body in great condition runs and drives without any issue nice interior fantastic unique car

image.png.c46cb39a13b6f10ace7118640521059c.png

image.png.0107d55a46c7d59fe14158b330e2bd19.png

image.png.fddaede0a21605b254235b27167e8c70.png

image.png.51aa8e40328ac07554df43d1d617e29e.png

image.png.d0bdaa6089f70fd99157c4ae9359eb64.png

image.png.4579fb99232507b9aee2477e79dc1717.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update info (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Model correction: this is a 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix, not the Dodge Polara.   The latter has different larger taillights on the outsides of the quarter panels and side trim plus a longer wheelbase: 122" vs 118".  It's an interesting Dodge, nonetheless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix - Two-tone hardtop - "Great condition, Fantastic car" - Pasadena, CA - Not Mine
9 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Model correction: this is a 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix, not the Dodge Polara.   The latter has different larger taillights on the outsides of the quarter panels and side trim plus a longer wheelbase: 122" vs 118".  It's an interesting Dodge, nonetheless.

Thanks for the clarification, Steve. 

Correction made!

• Thanks 1

When someone is advertising a 1961 Dodge "Polaris" for sale (see original Craigslist ad) and uses the words fantastic, great and unique all in a one sentence description you have to wonder if it's a legitimate ad or a scam. This looks like a nice example of an unusual car but the hood & trunk letters aren't the correct ones for the car. The original letters were the same front & back and had a rather peculiar space-age look to them. 

• Haha 1

Is it just me but I hate the pics with the car wet, always looks shinier than it is, though maybe it did rain, the roads may be damp.   Shammee it off please.  The carwash pics are the worst though not usually here but facebook etc. 

• Like 3

Wet hides flaws.  My brother-in-law and I had a quick repaint business for a couple of used car business back in the early 80’s and since it was low price(and not the best quality time being of the essence) we would often return the cars to the dealers after “rinsing” them off. 

Watch out for those mysterious dark rain clouds that just happen to show up just as the camera comes out and dump a cloudburst right on top on the car and nowhere else. One flaw might be that darker red spot on the hood where there could have been a mismatched rattle-can touchup or something. There's plenty of water covering that and it's not be beading up like it is on the rest of the car. Now if the seller can get the prospective buyers there to look at his fantastic unique car in the dark after the sun goes down he'll have a better chance of making the sale. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix - Two-tone hardtop - "Great condition, Fantastic car" - Pasadena, CA - Not Mine - 5/25 New video
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix - Two-tone hardtop - "Great condition" - Pasadena, CA - Not Mine - 5/25 New video & photos