Argyll 2 cylinder

Hi, I am in Scotland and wondering if anyone out there has pictures of a 1910 Argyll 2 cylinder with a magneto not trembler coils. Also, what carburetor is fitted, is it a Zenith or what. Any pictures would be helpful as we are trying to gat one going over here. 

Thanks

Charlie

• Like 2

Thanks for that but I am a member and only one member roughly knows what magneto should be on it. This seems to be the only one with a magneto most have trembler coils. Plenty info on 4 cylinders but not 2!

Charlie

18 hours ago, Charlie Haycock said:

Thanks Rocketraider for that. It seems that everything goes to the bigger Argyll engines. I will keep looking and hopefully something will turn up. 

Charlie

Where in Scotland are you? 

Terry

I lived on the opposite coast south of Aberdeen during the late 70s and early 80s. Was active with the Strathmore Vintage Vehicle Club and helped organize the first few Glamis Scottish Transport Extravaganzas. 

Hi Terry, I have been to Glamis a few times. I have managed to enlist one of our friends who is going to VCC head office where he is going to look at the dating data of the car and hopefully he will find pictures of the mag etc. 

Thanks for your help. 

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2023 at 10:59 AM, Charlie Haycock said:

Hi, I am in Scotland and wondering if anyone out there has pictures of a 1910 Argyll 2 cylinder with a magneto not trembler coils. Also, what carburetor is fitted, is it a Zenith or what. Any pictures would be helpful as we are trying to gat one going over here. 

Thanks

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I'm the member Rocketraider mentioned 'Argyll', I've been researching the Argyll Motor Co. for a number of years and built up information about the cars and the company, but I will mention its not comprehensive. I'm happy to look through my files and photographs to see what I have on 2-cylinder engines and get back to you if you're still looking for info. What would be helpful is a photograph of your engine so I know what I'm looking for if possible?

Argyll.

Screenshot_20230604_211845_com.android.gallery3d.jpg.ce44a57cec6c7169c15bfd310ea91d89.jpgHi, That would be a great help if you could check your files. We are actually stuck at the moment due to the car being fitted with the wrong magneto we think. It is a 1910 Argyll two seater,UK registration LU 5684 Charlie 

Hi Charlie,

Thanks, I visited Archie not long after he got it and took pictures so that'll help. I'll go my stuff tonight and see what I can find.

I didn't attach anything in my last post, I thought about it, but I decided to confirm it was Archie's Argyll first. 

IMG_1188.jpg

Thanks for that picture. As you can see the magneto is not correct as there is no advance-retard to help the engine run correctly. We are struggling to find a correct magneto for this car in U K. If you know of anyone selling one over with you could you be kind and let me know. It should be a Bosch DU 2 probably a model 5 or 6 with an advance-retard ring and lever. 

Look forward to hearing from you. 

Charlie 

• Like 1

Hi Charlie,

Just as you mentioned there isn't a lot about 10hp 2-cylinder engine Argylls, this catalogue page (attached) is all I have on the model which might be of a little help.

The VCCGB as you commented earlier is probably the best source of info unless you can find another owner of a 2-cylinder, if I remember correctly the VCCGB lists member's who own Argylls in their membership records.  

Argyll (Bob)

1910 Argyll Catalogue 004 - Copy.jpg