Advise needed where to have a very small Electric motor armature rewound ?

I have an electric Bermuda bell from the 1920's

What makes the bell ring is a small 6 volt electric motor

Very small and very fine wire.

Armature is only about 1"-2"

The motor is smaller than the electric motor inside a Ahooga horn like the one used in Model A Ford horns, etc.

Any advise where I could send it out to have it rewound.

Thanks, Jim

Edited by 34LaSalleClubSedan (see edit history)

Consider doing it yourself.  You just need to figure out the gauge of wire used and count the turns as you remove the old wire.  Many years ago in the sixties I used to rewind small electric motors like you have to hop up small 12v. motors used in slot racing cars.  Just replace the old wire.

• Like 3

I don't know if any are still around, but the guy's at Slot Car tracks would re-wind their tiny motors for more speed. Might find someone if you Google it.

• Like 1

I just had a customer's rebuilt generator here in my shop (just for factory part # stamping) that was restored by this company:

https://www.precision-pwr.com/

It was one of the best looking rebuilds I've ever seen.  From the information on their website it looks like they do DC motors as well. Might be worth an ask.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nickelroadster said:

Consider doing it yourself.  You just need to figure out the gauge of wire used and count the turns as you remove the old wire.  Many years ago in the sixties I used to rewind small electric motors like you have to hop up small 12v. motors used in slot racing cars.  Just replace the old wire.

There are some YouTube videos available too on how to do this.

• Like 1

If you do wind it yourself, it's more important for the armature wires to be the same length, than the number of windings. Sometimes the way the wire is wrapped the end will be too long or too short and it's tempting to snip it. Keep them the same length and re-stack the wire.

• Thanks 1