1933 Ford Deluxe Phaeton Model 40 $47,500 Reduced Now $37,500

I don't know about the price but '33 is in my opinion the most beautiful, and rarely seen. More text and pics in ad...

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/boise-1933-ford-deluxe-phaeton-model-40/7612703709.html

This car originally came from California in 2013 and it was partially restored back in the 80’s. Most of the paint is fresh. Dark maroon on the body with black fenders and red pinstriping. The pristine 1933 grille, the windshield frame, headlights all have fresh chrome and polish. This is an older restoration that I invested 10 years, many upgrades and time into. It came with the LaBaron Bonney leather interior shown. The front seat bottom was damaged, so it was replaced with close matching vinyl.
I have over $50,000+ in this car and upgrades include…1940 hydraulic brakes, comes with 2 sets of wheels shown. The 16” black powder coated wire wheels (on car) with radial tires and the original 17” red painted wheels with the Firestone wide whitewalls (Picture). It has modern tube shocks in the rear and the front spring has been lowered slightly to give it the sleek raked look. Also, rear tires are larger that front tires, enhancing the rake. The radiator is pressurized, preventing overflow. It has an electric fuel pump and still has the 6-volt system with generator. Engine is the stock 221 Cubic Inch Henty Ford flathead that produces 75HP. It starts and runs excellent. It has the desirable Greyhound radiator cap. It has dual horns. It has a chrome crank cover on the grille. The shifter and brake handles were chromed. Rare, with only 1,483 deluxe phaetons produced in 1933.  (208) 345-1400

00D0D_gm3LFaz6hfi_0h90aG_600x450.jpg101616_aNhStEC0XT_0iy0io_600x450.jpg00S0S_bOKvRJZNLFr_0ew0bL_600x450.jpg01616_3uD9toZVhIa_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg00l0l_1A5O7XFjAGt_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg00J0J_3zFaw6H2Mar_09U07K_600x450.jpg

Edited by Leif in Calif
price change (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• Leif in Calif changed the title to 1933 Ford Deluxe Phaeton Model 40 $47,500 Reduced Now $37,500

Well these Phaetons are neat cars and I almost bought one until it was brought to me attention that the front seat is NOT adjustable and it's not easy to modify the seat.  The seller should have kept it stock; tube shocks, radial tires and lowered front end probably depreciate the value in these things.  Why someone goes cheap on the seat I'll never know; it certainly does not look good.  The performance of that flathead V8 is nothing to brag about. At 75 horsepower it just pokes along! I don't see 37 grand here!!!!

2 hours ago, deac said:

Why someone goes cheap on the seat I'll never know;

On 4/28/2023 at 2:08 PM, Leif in Calif said:

I invested 10 years, many upgrades and time into it. It came with the LaBaron Bonney leather interior shown. The front seat bottom was damaged, so it was replaced with close matching vinyl. I have over $50,000+ in this car...

This might be part of the reason, plus, it's a driver!  Are there any others out there for sale that look as good for less money? 

With a hot '48 Merc flathead and a '39 box, it would fit in my garage just fine.

• Like 1

I think it sells at 37, 35K and continues to be indicative of a changing market.  Not that long ago, open early V8 Fords from 32 to 40, especially roadsters and phaetons where applicable were untouchable in this kind of shape under $50k plus, more for a better car.  The last 10 years have seen 35 -40 open cars show up in this price range more and more.  Now we are seeing it with 32 - 34 models.  This one has typical, popular period (other than radials, tube shocks, but not huge sins) changes I think, FWIW are value neutral - for every guy who hates them the next guy loves them.  I might leave as is unless I could swap out tires. 

75 hp eh, ez enough to warm it a bit.  Honestly I am getting to believe no prewar car short of a Model J is safe competing with the fools on todays big roads...

• Like 2