1950 BUICK SPECIAL $8K

Looks like a very original "driver" that just needs the easy stuff. More text in the ad.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1950-buick-special.1284081/

Selling my fairly recently acquired 1950 Buick. I bought it from the original owners son and it has lived its whole life in the town that I work in. Car has 67,000 original miles and is likely the most solid and unmolested old car I have ever owned. I haven’t found any rust in the car at all. It has had one amateur repaint. It has the original 248 and Dyna Flow transmission as far as I know. When I got the car, it had been sitting a while, but brakes, etc. all still worked. So, I installed a new electric fuel pump and new hoses, changed the fluids, and started driving it. I have probably put 3-4k miles on it since I started driving it which is about half the number of miles that were put on it from 1963 to the present according to the oil change tag in the door jamb. All the lights, turn signal, etc. all still work and the car is still 6 volt. It still needs some work to be a nice car, but is a very nice start. It needs seat covers and tires among other things. I haven't even tuned it up, but it actually seems to run pretty decent down the road. Call or text at 580-370-5852 Jeff

IMG_5887[1].JPGIMG_5820[1].JPG

• Like 5

Not a fan of the 50 Buick especially with that garish grille. But it does hold it's own in these pictures. I wonder if the seller took the time to inspect those brakes. The seals in the wheel cylinders don't like sitting for a long time!  Moreover most old cars I buy usually need some kind of brake work right from the start!

Looks like a nice car. I like the grille with those teeth. Very distinctive, I remember seeing these cars when I was a kid. They left quite an impression. 

Good car, fair price.

Reminds me of a neighbor who always drove Buicks. The last cars of his I can recall was a pair of '63 Rivieras.

He had a '50 sedan for a while; the front seat had been removed.

He used a wood kitchen chair with the legs cut down for a driver's seat.

I never thought to look to see if it was attached to the floor.

Edited by suchan
spellcheck (see edit history)