'63 on BaT this week

JanZverina

I saw that. A very low optioned car. Someone added a radio antenna to the driver's side fender... IDK why not on the passenger side.

It was built in late-December, 1962, so it has the ribbed dash.

The exhaust system was redone and it hangs down too far. Looks really bad from behind.

The heater core is bypassed.  We all know what that means.  So no heat or defrost.  And no A/C.

I think the bid price went up to about what this car is worth, maybe even a little high. Too bad the seller felt they needed (or could get) more.

My '63 seems oddly optioned but that's likely because it was purchased new in WA state where it spent most of its life in the same family. No A/C, probably because A/C wasn't a popular option in the Northwest, and no power windows. But in addition to having a white leather 'custom' interior, it also has:

J2: Power seats, four-way

I6: Tinted windshield

S7: Outside remote mirror

Z4: Vacuum trunk release

D1: Sonomatic AM radio

I also know that the original owner was quite frugal, as the car came with a large stack of repair/service receipts. Most of them were from the local Midas muffler shop, and the paperwork shows that he held the shop to their lifetime no corrosion guarantee, with clamps and larger components changed almost every Spring. 

IMG_20210321_1037.jpg

• Like 3

This one, a project, the opposite of Jan's eye candy. I posted it since its recent and gives us an idea what they fetch in this condition.

In Emtee's neighbourhood:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256006229794?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11050.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=8f0caea9f8d0430e8cfd45ba2a492ab9&bu=44797371104&osub=-1~1&crd=20230313203120&segname=11050

image.png.a01d31f57385464f2214577fc1df0614.png