Collective opinion RE: market value

alec2538

TL:DR - '91 coupe, Bright Red over Flame Red, CD, no sunroof no 16-way, 94k. Spent 3 years sitting prior to purchase. Price? $800.

Pro's: 98% rust free, save the exhaust and a few brackets. 2 week old set of 225/60R16 Kumho LX Platinum's wrapped around OE wheels/center caps. Original owner's manual, save accessories and builder's signature sheet. Professionally installed audio: full set of JL Audio speakers, dual amp setup, etc. No dead cluster segments.

Con's: cracked windshield, front bumper tweaked, rear struts gone, AC inop, interior tired but solid, considerable paint work needed.

So, what say you? Currently, I'm in it for $1,100 including the new tires. Would the current market support say... a $4k asking price?

Purely my opinion, in a non judgemental way. This sounds like a reasonably desirable vehicle as a 1991, with decent but not collector miles at 94k. Interesting color combination providing you like red/red (pretty cool), and it has been modified with the audio system (negative in my opinion, but I'm a purist). The real negative here is the windshield and the seemingly unobtanioum rear struts. Based on all of this, and needing paint, I think $4k is optimistic. But...as with any car (or anything), it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. 

• Like 1

The one thing not mentioned is the mileage......  if over 100K I would think $3K might be top 

Also pictures of the interior..... Flame Red was a one year only color and that makes it difficult to find replacement items. 

You almost have to work backwards from what it might be worth in good condition, vs actual. A 91 is desirable primarily for the drivetrain and brake system. The windshield is a biggie and a replacement cost is an unknown. Tweaked?? front bumper is also an unknown. This isn't very unusual with the four foot front overhang, but it is a negative for certain. The other items non functional or deteriorated also are a drag. It is an $800 car with new tires. My estimation would be a $5k car minus $2.5k-$3.0k repairs = $2.0-$2.5k max.