Won My First Award For My 82 Imperial!

MarkV

Yesterday, I won my first award for my 82 FS Imperial, the much coveted Golden Smog Pump award! It is a first place trophy for Malaise Daze and basically a ‘best of show.’ award! 

The group focuses on cars from 1973-1995 and there were several dozen cars present so I was very humbled to win the award! 

AB01072E-9CEA-4552-BDEA-730BB08C6736.jpeg

6298E93C-8E7F-4470-9288-8259C51C2E22.jpeg

Edited by MarkV (see edit history)
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

• MarkV changed the title to Won My First Award For My 82 Imperial!

Certainly nice to see some love for an era of cars for which there has been little given.

Congratulations! I chased after similar Imperial several years ago, but I was never able to make contact with the elderly owner. I later discovered that a friend of mine had purchased it from a flipper, who had gotten it for a pittance, from the old man's estate. I later checked with my friend to see if he would consider selling it and he had already resold it. 

Congratulations on the award! The '82 Imperial is my new favorite car of the early '80's thanks to your posts and updates on this forum.

What a great idea for a car show. I wish they'd have those kind of shows around here. I remember a long time ago when some shows wouldn't allow cars made after '72, so It's great to see such events today.

• Like 3