1926 REO roadster for sale Not Mine

If I were selling a car that ran, I wouldn't show it on a trailer.

One thing I really enjoy about this forum is that it gives an opportunity to learn about other cars. I only knew what R.E.O. stood for and now I know that this car has rear wheel external contacting brakes and an F head engine rated at 50hp. Also, a similar car was sold at auction not long ago for $20K.  

Hate to sound like a broken record but 20k is model a price. That car looks like more than that. For sale for a year so obviously overpriced though. I am one of the few on the white wall bandwagon but with the multiple colours already on this car I think black would look 100% better. My brother lives in Peterborough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

Hate to sound like a broken record but 20k is model a price. That car looks like more than that. For sale for a year so obviously overpriced though. I am one of the few on the white wall bandwagon but with the multiple colours already on this car I think black would look 100% better. My brother lives in Peterborough.

Terry, I am with you on this.  I don't know what it is worth, but its peers might be in the following field (Not a Model A which was still 2 years away, this car is more than that).

26 REO: Price:  $1,665, Weight:3,375 pounds, Wheel Base:120, A 239 six, riding on 32x6 tires

26 Buick Master series:  Price $ 1,495, Weight:3,570, Wheel Base:120, A 274 six, riding on 33x6 tires

26 Studebaker Special Six: Price $ 1,595, Weight: 3,500, Wheel Base: 120, A 288 six, riding on 32x6 tires

26 Franklin series 11: Price $2,690, weight: 2,800, Wheel Base: 119, A 199 Six, riding on 31x5.25 tires.

These are not apples to apples comparisons, and the Franklin is a recognized CCCA car, but these cars have some similar characteristics as well as others I didn't include.  I don't have any experience with REO's, but with this asking price, I'm not sure the contemporaries that I mention typically have a roadster in this condition at this price.  I think this should find a buyer.   I'm sure others are doing the math, but 29,000 Canadian dollars is 21,235 US Dollars...........someone in NY should be able to dash up there and pick it up over a weekend.   

That picture on the trailer isn't helping.........

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, John Bloom said:

Terry, I am with you on this.  I don't know what it is worth, but its peers might be in the following field (Not a Model A which was still 2 years away, this car is more than that).

26 REO: Price:  $1,665, Weight:3,375 pounds, Wheel Base:120, A 239 six, riding on 32x6 tires

26 Buick Master series:  Price $ 1,495, Weight:3,570, Wheel Base:120, A 274 six, riding on 33x6 tires

26 Studebaker Special Six: Price $ 1,595, Weight: 3,500, Wheel Base: 120, A 288 six, riding on 32x6 tires

26 Franklin series 11: Price $2,690, weight: 2,800, Wheel Base: 119, A 199 Six, riding on 31x5.25 tires.

These are not apples to apples comparisons, and the Franklin is a recognized CCCA car, but these cars have some similar characteristics as well as others I didn't include.  I don't have any experience with REO's, but with this asking price, I'm not sure the contemporaries that I mention typically have a roadster in this condition at this price.  I think this should find a buyer.   I'm sure others are doing the math, but 29,000 Canadian dollars is 21,235 US Dollars...........someone in NY should be able to dash up there and pick it up over a weekend.   

That picture on the trailer isn't helping.........

I agree, unless you are trying to sell the trailer as well as the car. 

• Haha 1