Interesting Dodge Brothers photos

13 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Not only are they Speed Trucks, but isn't that a narrow white wall tire on the far left? Or are they really Speed Trucks? Look at the cowl shape. Doesn't it look like the radiator hose goes to the center of the head, not the front like a DB.  Oh man, more questions then answers. 

Yeah I'd say that's a Speed Truck. 

Hard to tell for sure without more info but it has all of the criteria to be a Speed Truck, plus we don't have any other photos to compare it to anything, only artist renditions. The Long Company radiator is a big factor also.

image.png.f2643b01a792ed1630d730f51f026479.png

image.png.3cd2e51cddd4cfc1780d978855fc4c27.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 2:06 AM, Mattml430 said:

Balfour's Motors. P/L  Dodge. 
This is where the 25 dodge was bought from in 1925. 
Geelong 

image000000.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

Great post!

As of June 2023 it was for lease... I'm just saying (hint hint ;)

Who among us wouldn't want a old Dodge Brothers dealership for a shop?

image.png.55d7db57790be9a369053f366565a7a6.png

Good to see the old Nash building is still standing also

image.png.d0add327bdd5478a866dca5830c8d0d4.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

That is pretty cool that they are still there. 
I understand the hint but that would mean it would take me 2 hours to drive to work. That part doesn’t bother me. The bit that does bother me I would have to employ people to keep it open to pay the lease. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 11:27 AM, Mattml430 said:

That is pretty cool that they are still there. 
I understand the hint but that would mean it would take me 2 hours to drive to work. That part doesn’t bother me. The bit that does bother me I would have to employ people to keep it open to pay the lease. 

Hey I'm willing to travel and I'm a fairly big guy that can force people to buy stuff to pay for it, always wanted to see Australia anyway...

Maybe the Nash owners will let me squat in one of the upper rooms to supplement their mortgage?

See what you can do,..

meanwhile I'll get the luggage and plane tickets ready. 

"no time left for you, I found myself a way, distant roads are calling me..."

tenor.gif

Two days later after my confidence rises

giphy.gif&ehk=FavZozTVbM3w2Qxfo5TddA0PDE

• Haha 2

Doug will demand that you pick him up on the way. You’ll probably need to carry his bags though because he’ll have an ice cream 🍦 in both hands. 

It would be fun to recreate that photo 

Edited by Mattml430 (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

On 11/29/2023 at 10:18 AM, nearchoclatetown said:

I'm thinking white walls don't belong on most DBs but there sure seems to be a lot of them when the cars were fairly new. DBs were a utilitarian car not a showboat. The narrow ones are the ones that puzzle me. I have not seem ads for them back then and MOST seem to be double, both inside and outside. I wonder who made them. 

Revisting the sales invoices on the DBC site, many of the trucks had U.S. Tires

image.png.cabae61b57dd6d0cd130eb12a8e9b90d.png

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 6:04 PM, nearchoclatetown said:

I saw my first dual white wall tires today. They were on a Model T speedster and looked really old.

Good look at the tread. If one can find the tread that matches it would verify who the maker was. 

image.png.cc9f8483912ad7ce31ef994ee04c52dc.png

5 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Anyone know the history of this one?

While studying this morning I found this in one of my old files. Not sure where or when it was taken

image.png.5fe0d4942457fb08d696bf027c9ffbb0.png

This looks like the car for sale at the Hershey car show auction about 10 years ago. It was maroon with brown leather seats, tan top. It may have been owned by Hyman. I think it was advertised on Pre War, if I remember right . AND I will be back in the museum soon that has the T with dual white walls. I will check for a Manuf. 

Edited by nearchoclatetown (see edit history)

5 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

This looks like the car for sale at the Hershey car show auction about 10 years ago. It was maroon with brown leather seats, tan top. It may have been owned by Hyman. I think it was advertised on Pre War, if I remember right . AND I will be back in the museum soon that has the T with dual white walls. I will check for a Manuf. 

Looks like it was a Dodge Brothers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 6:06 AM, nearchoclatetown said:

On 2/12/2024 at 11:51 AM, keiser31 said:

Looks like it was a Dodge Brothers.

Found this on Coachbuilt.com a while back and forgot to post it. Thought you guys might want to see it.

Surely someone in the club or on this forum owns her?

(Where oh where are you now little lady?)

H.H. Babcock Body Co., H.H. Babcock Carriage Co., H.H. Babcock & Sons, Henry H. Babcock - Coachbuilt.com

image.png.eb7464b5cdf975dcb0fb0b261f07b289.png

• Like 2

Just an observation, look at the tires on the ice cream trucks. Looks like the nice surfaced  roads didn,t go too far, as they all have mud on their sidewalls, with the exception of the traytop at the left of the photo. Uniforms and trucks look pretty clean , and ready to go

Kevin BC

• Like 2