For Sale: 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 4dr Sedan, 85K miles, A/C - $9,500 - Huntington, WV - Not Mine

For Sale: 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 4dr Sedan, 85K miles, A/C - $9,500 - Huntington, WV

1964 Ford Galaxie 500 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1964 Ford Galaxie 352 V8 4 Barrel automatic. Nice car driven daily. odometer: 85000
Copy and paste in your email: 6a1819957533373795fd4cbb10b0e439@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 4dr Sedan.

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVa.jpg

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVb.jpg

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVc.jpg

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVd.jpg

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVe.jpg

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVf.jpg

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVg.jpg

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVh.jpg

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVi.jpg

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVj.jpg

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVk.jpg

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVl.jpg

'64 Ford Galaxie 500  WVm.jpg

• Like 6

In 1989, a local widow gave up driving and sold her 1964 G500 sedan to the local shiftless and unemployable oaf. 

When she sold it, it could have easily garnered an AACA Junior. It was that nice and totally unmolested.

After 2 years in the oaf's hands it was one step up from being a junker. I literally cried when I saw it.

I asked my dad many times why he didn't tell me Miss Alice was selling her Ford, so I could have saved it. I was grateful that she died before she saw what happened to her car.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Black with bright red gut is a definitive 60s Ford color scheme!😎

The folks 63 Dart wagon was black with red interior and I still don't like it. The black is hard to keep clean and all the red was too much of a good thing. The car was bullet proof though.

The 63 1/2 Fords were beautiful as far as I was concerned. The 64's not so much so. Install the wheel skirts and the cars look very heavy. 

9 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Black with bright red gut is a definitive 60s Ford color scheme!😎

This is so TRUE  

Hey Thank You shout out to   58L-Y8     I really appreciate your work to share these great finds  To me this is a great entry to the hobby car   

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Terry Y said:

This is so TRUE  

Hey Thank You shout out to   58L-Y8     I really appreciate your work to share these great finds  To me this is a great entry to the hobby car   

Hey Terry Y:

You are welcome!  This '64 Galaxie confirms my conviction that there still are great, enjoyable old cars out there for realistic prices the old car enthusiasts of modest means can acquire.  If we can find their advertisements and highlight them to a wider audience, maybe more will find their next appreciative owners.

Steve

• Like 2

My parents bought a new 1964 Ford Country Squire in this black with red interior color combination. It was quite attractive, but definitely not the best car they ever owned. They traded it in 1968 on a new Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser. 

Kevin

• Like 1