For Sale:  1954 Hudson Jet 4dr Sedan - Project or Part - $5,000 - Burlington, MA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1954 Hudson Jet 4dr Sedan - Project or Parts - $5,000 - Burlington, MA

1954 Hudson Jet - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1954 Hudson Jet is in need of a new home and is for sale. The engine was rebuilt in 2011 but I had to move away before being able to finish the restoration. The valves need to be tune, but the engine runs. The car is intact and can drive. It is in need of body and interior work. Also available are spare parts including an extra dash. Please message if interested.
Copy and paste in your email: 13743a2822973e5b8ad56a8df90b37b4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this: 1954 Hudson Jet 4dr Sedan - Project.

'54 Hudson Jet MA a.jpg

'54 Hudson Jet MA b.jpg

'54 Hudson Jet MA c.jpg

'54 Hudson Jet MA d.jpg

'54 Hudson Jet MA e.jpg

'54 Hudson Jet MA f.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
syntax corrected (see edit history)

A friend had a white over red 54 Jet that he ran all over the country. At well over six feet tall, it was a tight fit but he loved the car so off he went. I rode along a few times and was surprised at how peppy the six was, even with the sluggish hydramatic. 

I agree, the $5k ask is a bit steep...perhaps somewhere closer to $1500 to generate some interest.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crusty Trucker said:

Unfortunately, IMHO, there's probably no hope for this car to be "rescued". There are no factors in favor of it: appearance, mechanical condition, popularity/desirability, rarity, value, parts availability, and, especially, asking price.

The steering wheel and the air cleaner might live on.

Without the VIN, can't say for sure, but the grille plain stamping does indicate 1953.  '54 Jet grilles have stamped ribs on the leading edge.   

1953 models are Vins starting 1C... and 2C...              Jet, Super Jet

1954 models are Vins starting 1D... 2D... and 3D...     Jet, Super Jet, Jet Liner

Barely parts car quality as shown.

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale:  1954 Hudson Jet 4dr Sedan - Project or Part - $5,000 - Burlington, MA - Not Mine