1935 Buick Roadmaster? $20,000 Foley AL Not Mine Fcbk Mktplce

55chevy

Correct, but representing this car as a Roadmaster is a little bit more misleading than just getting a name wrong. It makes it sound like a bigger car than it is. Being a 40 series, this car would be a Special, not a Roadmaster if those names were in use in 1935. I don't believe they were. I like the car.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

Correct, but representing this car as a Roadmaster is a little bit more misleading than just getting a name wrong. It makes it sound like a bigger car than it is. Being a 40 series, this car would be a Special, not a Roadmaster if those names were in use in 1935. I don't believe they were. I like the car.

The names didn't come out until 1936.

• Like 1

I only noticed roadmaster in the title.  If you list it under cars,  facebook makes you pick one of their predetermined models,  which is probably what he did as it most likely19 didn't have any options for Series 40 or anything like that.  My guess is Skylark, Enclave, Roadmaster, Riviera were options you could chose from and had to , to submit the listing, but nothing that was available in 1935 besides the Roadmaster.  

I once had to list my Cord under Cadillac Eldorado because it had a Caddy engine and no place or option to list Cord. 

Facebook is the WORST hands down bar none classified listing site.  Searches are completely messed up as are categories and results.   Unfortunately almost everyone uses it,  so you have to as well if you want to find most stuff listed today,  especially locally.