DJ, I'm from central PA, just a little east of Harrisburg. No stranger to classic cars

djfllmn

Hello everyone, my name is DJ, I'm from central PA, just a little east of Harrisburg. No stranger to classic cars, about a year and a half ago i sold my 1968 Thunderbird due to having a house and well i wasn't able to devote the time and money needed to the car that it deserved, just sat in the garage. I do have by the PA standards an antique now, my grandpa in december 2021 signed his 1998 ranger over to me(had 57k miles on it at the time, all but 60K on it now) that he purchased new and i remember when he bought it new. I have a hard time believing its considered an antique car now by pa standards. Here are a couple pictures of that truck and my old T-bird

20211224_152130_1d9994ce19b3100c75d71736a7eed5971e02dff6.jpg

20211224_143342_9ddf1558dd2dc5f6e092e193989890d8a4f6dbb8.jpg

20200404_162556_f71ba43f6d7a92f6a4935d1c46d1c39362c136c1.jpg

20200404_162539_11296a339e06f1dfb74a94754ddeafa97914c01c.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome!  Nice truck and T-bird.  Your truck is almost  an antique by PA standards.  The rule is more than 25 model years which is a roundabout way of saying 26 years.  In 2024 your truck will be antique by PA rules.  By AACA rules you are antique as they use 25 years.  Either way, enjoy your truck!

1 minute ago, rocketraider said:

Dang. Wish I'd known about that Thunderbird when you had it for sale. A 67-69 hardtop coupe is a bucket list car. Has to be the hardtop, don't like the Landau coupe roof styling or blind spots. 

There'll be one someday...

Yea i would have preferred the hardtop version. but i found that car just in a random garage, bought it in 2012 and drove it 55 miles home

Welcome to the forum!

" a little east of Harrisburg"??,  hmmm, that puts you in HERSHEY!!  the center point of the antique car and truck universe.  I mean Harrisburg is an OK small city, but why even mention it when Hershey is so much more important?

If you have never been to the AACA HQ, I encourage you to go.  What else are you going to do on a dark, gray Winter's day that would be better?  The Library is a wonderful resource and they always have a number of really great cars on display, and the staff is so friendly and willing to talk about old cars.  The AACA Museum is only a mile or two away from the HQ and that too is a great place to visit, although, unlike the AACA HQ and Library, the Museum does charge an admission fee.

25 minutes ago, Littlestown Mike said:

Welcome to the forum!

" a little east of Harrisburg"??,  hmmm, that puts you in HERSHEY!!  the center point of the antique car and truck universe.  I mean Harrisburg is an OK small city, but why even mention it when Hershey is so much more important?

If you have never been to the AACA HQ, I encourage you to go.  What else are you going to do on a dark, gray Winter's day that would be better?  The Library is a wonderful resource and they always have a number of really great cars on display, and the staff is so friendly and willing to talk about old cars.  The AACA Museum is only a mile or two away from the HQ and that too is a great place to visit, although, unlike the AACA HQ and Library, the Museum does charge an admission fee.

The Museum is free to AACA members.

3 hours ago, Littlestown Mike said:

Welcome to the forum!

yea im just a little further east yet, if you have ever heard of Lebanon, im outside of there

• Like 1

Get familiar with the AACA home page and learn as much as you can fromthe different dropdowns and topics.

If you are not a member, join the AACA and what ever region you can get into. 

As you will learn from the Forum section , there are  a lot of members that are willing to answer questions and guide you about questions you may have.

Good luck with your truck.

Edited by 31plymouth
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Great looking truck!!   You have a great year to be starting with an antique in the AACA.  Youve got the show in Charlotte NC a few hours South in April, the show in Gettysburg in May, Norwich NY in July and Hershey in October.  A great year for a central Pa guy to get immersed in AACA showing.   And don't forget to join a Region and participate in their activities!

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to DJ, I'm from central PA, just a little east of Harrisburg. No stranger to classic cars