DELCO REMY 640a 640j or 640y distributor desperately needed

Aaron E.

Hello, 

New to the forum and hoping somebody has a 640 series distributor tucked away and for sale. 

I own my grandfather’s 1927 Master Six with the pot metal distributor. It’s now stuck in the generator and starting to crack…

If someone could point me in the right direction I’d GREATLY appreciate it! 

Aaron

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I ended up with that distributor off eBay and an Oldsmobile one that he had with a gear on it. I don't know yet if I have a distributor gear that will work or not. Also looks like the olds distributor might be an option for the Buick. I'm going to try and figure this out today. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Spear said:

I ended up with that distributor off eBay and an Oldsmobile one that he had with a gear on it. I don't know yet if I have a distributor gear that will work or not. Also looks like the olds distributor might be an option for the Buick. I'm going to try and figure this out today. 

Bobs sells new gears still I believe 

Hi Bill, Thank you for the offer the gears you have are 26-27. I need 28-30 I think yours can be cut down and drilled for a pin if the shaft size is the same. However, Bob's does have the correct gear for 28-30 so I don't need to try and cut one down. 

This is the 28-30 gear. DDG-280.jpg.703e04822428f07d2512f7dd805d6684.jpg