Saturday Evening Post Overland advertisement

Used to be somewhat common to find these ads for sale at car shows.  Market has gone very soft for most magazine ads.  I had this Saturday Evening Post Ad for a very long time and finally decided to buy a frame for it.  Came out pretty nice.  Also did this Chandler ad. For me, finding frames at a decent price is the challenge.

57603EE1-5528-48F3-BE8A-ECCF81E1072B.jpeg

21D394B0-3063-47FC-A211-D38D81F465B3.jpeg

• Like 2

Magazine ads are fun to collect and nice to display on a wall in your den or garage.  They are not rare or valuable.  You'll spend far more getting it framed than it's really worth. 

Terry

10 hours ago, Brubaker said:

Thank you all for the replies. Nice frames TerryB! Those are perfect.

Bruce

Thank you.  Found them at Michaels Craft Store, a national chain store.  Has to buy 3 frames to get a reasonable price on them.  On the REO I tried a lighter color backing but in doing so it allowed the printing on the reverse side of the ad to show through.  The black backing worked out much better.

Top Secret info here - my source for cool frames is the local thrift stores. Take your tape measure along. For just a few bucks you can save hundreds. I cut mt own mats but sometimes find good mats in cheap frames too..

Terry

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

Top Secret info here - my source for cool frames is the local thrift stores. Take your tape measure along. For just a few bucks you can save hundreds. I cut mt own mats but sometimes find good mats in cheap frames too..

Terry

Same place where I get frames for my misc auto pictures.  Lots of selection and you can find exactly what you want if you are not in a hurry.

• Like 1