Dana Point Woodie Meet Saturday Nov 12 2022 (few photos

Zakman

24 minutes ago, Walt G said:

Cars have California plates so I guess we can assume Dana Point is in California and the palm trees shown as well indicate it is not the Northeast or north west areas of the USA or the great lakes area.

Yes....Dana Point, California.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Walt G said:

Cars have California plates so I guess we can assume Dana Point is in California and the palm trees shown as well indicate it is not the Northeast or north west areas of the USA or the great lakes area.

Map of Dana Point, CA

You see the dotted line in front of the harbor. Dana Point or to us surfers known as Killer Dana was a big wave surfing spot until developers decided to put in a marina and ruin one of the best surfing spots in Southern California.

image.jpeg.e0735d5c86f4e18099c421ce3a15a7f6.jpegDeath of a killer - The Coast News GroupMotion Pictures - Old Cars + Surfing = Paradise | The H.A.M.B.The Woody Wagon - pop culture icon — Tunnel RamMotion Pictures - Old Cars + Surfing = Paradise | The H.A.M.B.8 Best Surf Spots in Southern California | Wavehuggers Surf Schoolimage.jpeg.754a8bce6aae24ab5ffdbc1c0bd79c62.jpeg

to thisKiller Dana's killer – development – is back for more – Orange County  Registerimage.jpeg.7e045143a17dd11ce8fd96c4c7760cd0.jpeg

Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Great period pics, must have been a fantastic place back in the day.

Back in the days when Orange County, CA was undeveloped farmland. A much simpler life back then. 
Zakman:  thanks for sharing the car show photos!  Would have loved to have had a woodie during my long boarding days in San Diego

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Great period pics, must have been a fantastic place back in the day.

Was paradise on earth. Throughout the year 80 degrees is a heat wave and 45degrees is a killer freeze. Sweet spot at the beach 68 degrees. It was possible to do, and I proved it, to go surfing in the morning-Manhattan Beach, go water skiing before lunch- Long Beach Marine stadium and snow skiing in the afternoon- Mount Baldy.

image.jpeg.fee47b860eb92d5252dc95c9f51ba3de.jpeg Grow vegetables year-round, grow tropical and sub-tropical gardens. A gardener's paradise.

image.jpeg.74fa11aba79352d90b38ac5c32543950.jpeg

• Like 2

Yes, we are blessed, however, this state has been going down the tubes with those currently in office and those who elected them.  Just feel so bad for all the young kids that will have to deal with this down the road.

Enough Said.

Cheers