64 heater hose clamps

Deanoko

I'm trying to make the most faithful "how it came off the line"  64 425 4bbl engine bay.

I cannot find any info as to which style heater hose clamps were used, the tower style or the spring ring?  I know the radiator hoses used the tower style.

Thanks. 

Unfortunately the Spring clamps don't work for the Chinese hose being made today. The cloth re-enforcing internally is MUCH less & the hose rubber is actually thinner. 

You really need the Corbin style clamps for the heater hoses & by-pass if you have one.

Tom T.

Thanks guys for the informative info!  I have USA hose so corbin spring wires should be fine.   Classic Industries has them for $1.69 ea.  I have not ordered them yet, if someone here has 6 of the 5/8" ID variety they can get them to me over on the West Coast (97225) for a reasonable $ number. 

Also if someone has a source for correct logo'd heater hose that would be helpful.  I have dood USA stuff but there was NCRS level hoses that would be even better.  My current installation has 2 red 5/8" hoses running from the engine to the heater control valve and heater core.  That's probably not correct... 

4 hours ago, Deanoko said:

Thanks guys for the informative info!  I have USA hose so corbin spring wires should be fine.   Classic Industries has them for $1.69 ea.  I have not ordered them yet, if someone here has 6 of the 5/8" ID variety they can get them to me over on the West Coast (97225) for a reasonable $ number. 

I may have them, I will look in the morning. I am in Oregon

9 hours ago, telriv said:

Unfortunately the Spring clamps don't work for the Chinese hose being made today. The cloth re-enforcing internally is MUCH less & the hose rubber is actually thinner. 

You really need the Corbin style clamps for the heater hoses & by-pass if you have one.

Tom T.

Tom, I purchased rubber hose from McMasterCarr for my 63 and made sure the measurement of the hose was in inches. I have found their hose true to size. Where the hose was manufactured I’m not sure, but the size and quality from McMaster Carr was satisfactory. ( the hose was a bit expensive but it worked whereas NAPA hose not good for me)