For Sale: 1958 Buick Roadmaster 2-door Hardtop - "Runs and drives strong, Beautiful interior" - Kansas - Not Mine - 11/9 Reduced - 11/10 SOLD!

For sale by Dealer on Facebook: 1958 Buick Roadmaster 2-door Hardtop in Shawnee, KS  -  $29,995  -  Call Heartland Auto Plaza, 15610 W 65th St, Shawnee, KS 66217-9304  -  Phone: 913 422-5533 

On 11/9, Seller reduced price to $26,500

Dealer's Website: https://www.heartlandautoplaza.com/details/1958-buick-roadmaster

Link to Facebook ad: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/672413964497452/1958-Buick-Roadmaster

Seller's Description:

1958 Buick Roadmaster 2-door Hardtop

• Very good condition
  • Driven 61,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Turquoise · Interior color: Turquoise

BARN FIND - JUST GETTING BACK TO RUNNING ORDER .BODY INSPECTED - RUST FREE- FUEL TANK REPLACED - NEW FUEL LINE - NEW FUEL PUM. CAR RUNS AND DRIVES STRONG. BEAUTIFUL INTERIOR. 99.5% RUST FREE, SMALL HOLE IN SPARE WHEELWELL, OFFERS - TRADES - CASH N TRADE - MONEY BACK TRADES. NO JUNK, NO PROJECTS, NO FINANCING. PAT

• For 1958, GM was promoting their fiftieth year of production, and introduced anniversary models for each brand; Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Chevrolet.[16] The 1958 models shared a common appearance on the top models for each brand; Cadillac Eldorado Seville, Buick Roadmaster Riviera, Oldsmobile Holiday 88, Pontiac Bonneville Catalina, and the all-new Chevrolet Bel-Air Impala.
  • In 1958, the Roadmaster was available in the well-equipped "75" version, and the body was adorned with bulkier and more heavily chromed styling while the top trim package Limited was the most expensive and fully optioned vehicle. A new "drawer pull" grille was used that Buick called "Fashion-Aire Dynastar", made up of rectangular chrome squares. For the first time since 1948, there were no distinguishing VentiPorts on the front fenders. On the rear deck, the Roadmaster name was spelled out in block lettering beneath a Buick emblem housing the trunk lock keyway. Wheelhouses had bright moldings, rocker panels had an ebbed molding and a large rear fender bright flash with ribbed inserts replaced the previous year's chromed rear fender lower panel. Four headlamps were standard. New brakes featured cast-iron liners in aluminum drums. Sales fell further to about 14,000.

image.png.936b9faa1ca0dfcb1a03bac564e8286f.png

image.png.c07bf50a943bf668ae32067f2abc397e.png

image.png.6aeb022efed4820e166c24cc4f922e97.png

image.png.5368d8b86a65698f01718fd4753a8441.png

image.png.fcc1a4e8839cc413622f26ba2608e8fa.png

image.png.a28941e9301e9a4f2c02225bde7f6dfd.png

image.png.2088ff00a32dee0e2420921eb4d522aa.png

image.png.22070d3d9ae9eea51a76277f0b82b6c3.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Buick Roadmaster 2-door Hardtop - "Runs and drives strong, Beautiful interior" - Kansas - Not Mine

For anybody in the market for one of these, this is about as good as it gets. I tried to blow up the pictures to see whether the shift quadrant is a Dynaflow or a Flight Pitch (P R N D G) . It looks like a Dynaflow (P N D L R). Having owned one Flight Pitch and having to go through a rebuild,  I would prefer the Dynaflow.

• Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Buick Roadmaster 2-door Hardtop - "Runs and drives strong, Beautiful interior" - Kansas - Not Mine - 11/9 Reduced

I love it.   Hey Lance, the interior seating fabric looks correct to me, but I am only going off memory of past read books and ads for the 75.   What's not correct?  

I just have to wonder about the logic of a seller, likely a dealer-seller, not wanting to throw this on ebay.  Craigslist and facebook marketplace for all of their charm and curiosity in allowing lookie-loos like myself and others to see cars in the past 15 years that were previously the domain of ebay and Hemmings, it's not the national or international audience of a well sorted eBay auction. 

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Buick Roadmaster 2-door Hardtop - "Runs and drives strong, Beautiful interior" - Kansas - Not Mine - 11/9 Reduced - 11/10 SOLD!
8 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

I love it.   Hey Lance, the interior seating fabric looks correct to me, but I am only going off memory of past read books and ads for the 75.   What's not correct?  

I just have to wonder about the logic of a seller, likely a dealer-seller, not wanting to throw this on ebay.  Craigslist and facebook marketplace for all of their charm and curiosity in allowing lookie-loos like myself and others to see cars in the past 15 years that were previously the domain of ebay and Hemmings, it's not the national or international audience of a well sorted eBay auction. 

Well vinyl color is a bit off.  Fabric looks pretty good, but hard to tell how good without closeups.  But, while the pattern sewn in is correct, originally it would have a "tuck" sewn into the pattern so that the rectangles would be raised more, and the grooves between deeper.  Minor nitpicking overall.

Of course the dash pad is not correct, but is done much better and tighter than others I've seen covered in vinyl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Thanks for informing me.  You guys sure know your later 50's stuff.  I have to believe outside of being there in person and nitpicking, that this car represents a good value for someone who wants a significant car to enjoy the hobby.  

It did look like a good buy and I'm not surprised it is gone already! 

• Like 1